Alpine driving holiday. Some advice.

AJRFulton

As the title alludes to, I have decided to take the Z and go on a 13 day driving holiday to the Alps in the summer.

In order to satisfy the Mrs, We're taking in Grenoble, Milan, Lake Como then onto Munich, spending a couple of days in each location.

So I'm looking for advice on where to visit from a driving perspective. Now obviously the Stelvio Pass is on the list, as my last attempt at doing it (during the Mongol Rally) ended in abject failure as the small loaded car simply couldn't cope with the climb. However, there must also be some awesome driving roads/sights to see in the region.

Any advice, tips, past experience welcome.

cheers

Have a good hunt through the PH Roads section on their forums, some very good plans on there :)

When in the summer are you going? MIght be worth avoiding the Stelvio as it'll be packed and taking in some of the other passes.

4th July leave the UK for 13 days.

My last attempt at doing the Stelvio seen me go the wrong way, end up going up the Umbrail pass, then watch as the little clio started to overheat and the throttle stuck closed (which I suppose is better than the throttle sticking open)

rangersmedia-1360324808-U344.jpg

rangersmedia-1360324921-U344.jpg

What I get for attempting it in an overloaded 1.2 I suppose

Edited by Badgeronimous