Is this how Zed drivers get treated..??

WhackyWill

Back on topic.

I find it's the opposite for me in Manchester.

In my Zed, I find people expecting me to be some testosterone charged maniac and making space for me!

For example, I'll be on the inside lane at the lights. Lights go green. I crawl away slowly and the car next to me in the "fast" lane crawls away even slower awaiting me to zoom off ahead.

Or I'll be in the slow lane pootling along and the traffic ahead slows, cars in the outside lane slow down leaving a gap expecting me to suddenly pull out from the bus ahead.

Totally different when I'm in the wife's mini cooper.

People will bully me back into the inside lane or cut in front of me like I'm not even there.

Maybe it's down to the mini being a boring white and the zed being an in your face sunset orange?

• Like 1

UPDATE! - AUDI HAS NOW BECOME....CITROEN...specifically a little black C3...who decided to sit right up my backside for no apparent reason (just looked in the mirror and saw HEADLIGHTS) :dry: ....then undertake on the motorway to push in further down...which failed. Then again he shot down the left and slammed the brakes on indicating...so no one let him in, least me or the R32 behind me...and then a 3rd time..FAIL. My friend who was with me seen him, a young boy of some sort he said it was lol

Then the R32 fancied a shot, to which I replied with swift motion :blush: then gracefully pulling into the left lane to cruise home (although this was a bit of fun more than them being annoying lol). We don't mind this, but we do mind silly Citroens with silly dangerous drivers...

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

I may get shouted for saying this so just bare with me here but does anyone else think that you just think the car behind is a lot closer than usual due to the fact that the rear window is rather small and let's be honest not the best vision or have I just said a lot of poo??

No I'm not that blind lol It was RIGHT up my ar*e and why I don't know cos there was a big line of traffic infront of me... confirmed by the repeated attempts to cut in front of everybody (who all drove right up to cancel any spaces :lol:)....so no is your answer lol

(PS., even if you weren't as anal as I am about watching others driving - thats what someone hitting you on a roundabout does lol - the Zeds a short car so shouldn't be any issue of mis-conception on distance aka you'll know when someones right behind..oh and the headlights dissapeared when he got right up n' cosy with my exhausts... sounds like i'm quoting a dirty novel...of some wierd description mind you lol)

Edited by AMT

I don't know, and I promise you I don't drive about with a grin that says "IM AWESOME AND YOUR NOT"... Christ I still live with the rents', I've nothing to show off for :lol: But it does seem to attract varying attention as I've mentioned on some posts before... smiles, awes, people standing at your car when you come out a shop (really), jealousy (although only minorly) and ....'I'M GONNA RACE YOU!...even if you don't want to race me lol A dunno... :shrug:

Don't mind the odd little 'run' like the R32, funnily enough the original one I had a 'run' with on my old car, I moved over eventually (since its quicker lol) then further down the line I had to let them in due to traffic, indicator thank you.. so...a bit of fun and still respecting each other and the road! (cheesy) lol

Edited by AMT
  • Like 1

No I'm not that blind lol It was RIGHT up my ar*e and why I don't know cos there was a big line of traffic infront of me... confirmed by the repeated attempts to cut in front of everybody (who all drove right up to cancel any spaces :lol:)....so no is your answer lol

(PS., even if you weren't as anal as I am about watching others driving - thats what someone hitting you on a roundabout does lol - the Zeds a short car so shouldn't be any issue of mis-conception on distance aka you'll know when someones right behind..oh and the headlights dissapeared when he got right up n' cosy with my exhausts... sounds like i'm quoting a dirty novel...of some wierd description mind you lol)

What the hell are you on about.

The z is about as long as a 5series.

Why have you quoted me 3 times.... :p ...its not that big, my coupe was longer... anyway the point is you wouldn't mis judge distance behind you, only time I've ever had that issue is in an estate car.... lol