N/S (Passenger Catalytic Converter) to Borrow

morgs

Hi all, car has failed the MOT on the Lambda readings and I need to get it passed ASAP. Garage reckon it's my N/S cat that is causing the issue. I run decats normally so only swapped the cats in for the test.

Ideally I am after borrowing one (or both) of someone's cats, worse case buying one. Would prefer to collect to save money on postage, but may resort to that if needed. If that is the case, I'll be at Japfest and can hand it back over if the sender is going too, to save on postage costs!

I'm just outside Weston-super-Mare and definitely happy to travel 1hr -1hr30 from there, open to others though as my job can take me further afield.

Any help much appreciated.

I have spare cats that I can lend to you, however I would have to ship them to you and you would have to ship back.

Let me make a suggestion;

Take the car back for a retest, however before you do so, make sure that you give your car a very hard run and get those cats well up to temperature just before you go in for the test as that usuallly does the trick

Alex.

Edited by ZMANALEX

Hi all, car has failed the MOT on the Lambda readings and I need to get it passed ASAP. Garage reckon it's my N/S cat that is causing the issue. I run decats normally so only swapped the cats in for the test.

Ideally I am after borrowing one (or both) of someone's cats, worse case buying one. Would prefer to collect to save money on postage, but may resort to that if needed. If that is the case, I'll be at Japfest and can hand it back over if the sender is going too, to save on postage costs!

I'm just outside Weston-super-Mare and definitely happy to travel 1hr -1hr30 from there, open to others though as my job can take me further afield.

I know you need help but it's not necessary to post the same topic in 4 different sections, I have deleted the other three. :)

I have spare cats that I can lend to you, however I would have to ship them to you and you would have to ship back.

Take the car back for a retest, however before you do so, make sure that you give your car a very hard run and get those cats well up to temperature just before you go in for the test as that usuallly does the trick

Alex.

Hi Alex, could you PM me costs please, so at least I have a fall back. Cheers for the advice, but had already done so. :dry: Read 1.05 vs a 1.03 max.

I know you need help but it's not necessary to post the same topic in 4 different sections, I have deleted the other three. :)

Sorry fella :surrender:, just aware that some don't check this part of the forum so wanted to bring it to the awareness of those local to me. Would you be okay if I post in just the SW section again? They are hopefully my main chance! :wacko:

Edited by morgs

Courier shipping with tracking and insurance for a pair of OEM cats would be £15.00 Dave.

However you will also have the added cost of shipping them back to me.

If you wish to proceed then please confirm if VQ35DE or HR.

Alex. :)

Courier shipping with tracking and insurance for a pair of OEM cats would be £15.00 Dave.

However you will also have the added cost of shipping them back to me.

If you wish to proceed then please confirm if VQ35DE or HR.

Alex. :)

Okay thanks Alex, will see if I can source them closer to home but if not I will be back in touch.

DE model for reference, if I do.

PS. I have PM'd you Mitz, as you know, just posting for sake of thread completeness!

Edited by morgs

Alex.

Hi Alex, could you PM me costs please, so at least I have a fall back. Cheers for the advice, but had already done so. :dry: Read 1.05 vs a 1.03 max.

Sorry fella :surrender:, just aware that some don't check this part of the forum so wanted to bring it to the awareness of those local to me. Would you be okay if I post in just the SW section again? They are hopefully my main chance! :wacko:

You have another PM