Gear stick thread.

theheff

Can anyone tell me what size thread and what style the gear stick in the zed has. I tried an m10 bolt on it and it was too small. Does that make it an m12? Or will it be a different size. I would try it but im nights and dont have access to an m12 bolt at the moment. Its a 2004 uk i that makes any difference. Cheers.

Don't know if there are different versions around because mine is a 2005 JDM and its M10 x 1.25

Standard Metric Coarse M10 is 1.5mm pitch - Metric Fine M10 is M10 x 1.25mm pitch

If you're going to check yours - make sure you're careful and hold the shaft when you unscrew the gear knob, & don't damage the linkage

Edited by ianphampton

If it measured 10mm then it's the M10 x 1.25 - and I doubt B&Q will have anything, you'll need to go to an engineers suppliers (try Cromwell, they have depots all round the country, or RS components or Farnell)

Otherwise - just buying a Nismo knob from one of the traders on here (Tarmac / Cougar / Zmanalex) they all come with M10 x 1.25mm threads

If you wanted something a bit different I'd sell you one of these - my son made me one for my Christmas present for Christmas 2011 and ran these off at the same time (Well, I do run my own CNC machining business!) I even bought the material but he programmed the knobs and made them over about 15 hours on the Christmas break 2011) (The acetal one (the white one) was his prototype but it's a perfect knob - the other 2 are in 6082 aluminium, one is deep 25 micron anodised to satin finsh, the other is polished and then anodised to only 5 micron so it's still really shiny) If you're interested, PM me

3optionsofGearknobs_zpsc32cdeb3.jpg