Headlights left on alarm not working

JetSet

O.K, I think this is related to the cold weather. I took a quick look last night and the drivers door was making a strange noise when you closed it, the kind of noise you get when the seat belt gets trapped in the door. This morning, the car alarm was going off for some reason, so I'm guessing that there's a sensor in the door that was jammed by a lump of ice because now its above freezing the headlights on alarm is working again.

Pete

It will be the cold weather and a switch as you say (experience on another marque); there should be a little switch usually between the hinges on the door that is spring loaded. I suspect the Zed will have something similar and because of the cold it's not releasing if you see what I mean.

may be worth checking out now while it's working again and grease/wd40 as appropriate.

It will be the cold weather and a switch as you say (experience on another marque); there should be a little switch usually between the hinges on the door that is spring loaded. I suspect the Zed will have something similar and because of the cold it's not releasing if you see what I mean.

may be worth checking out now while it's working again and grease/wd40 as appropriate.

Or maybe Caroline has hung her handbag on the switch....

Worth checking Pete :thumbs:

• Like 1

Too cold to do anything right now but took it for a quick run and the fault is coming and going. Don't know if this is related but the seat belt alarm has also stopped working.

Too big, it occupies the entire passenger seat :lol:

Pete

Too cold to do anything right now but took it for a quick run and the fault is coming and going. Don't know if this is related but the seat belt alarm has also stopped working.

Too big, it occupies the entire passenger seat :lol:

Pete

The handbag comment did make me laugh.

The fault coming and going is interesting... I had the interior light flickering one morning a couple of weeks back on my way into work.... it was the same morning where both my locks were frozen and I believe when i tried the passenger door the lock did disengage but never re-engaged so when it did thaw out it opened going around a corner :surrender: fortunately at low speed.

This weekend I've also had the air bag light flashing, just performed the reset procedure in the guides section and it now looks resolved but i will monitor (i did quickly check the connectors under the seats too). I'm thinking the rag tops must be prone to moisture in the cabin and when it gets cold it freezes. I've not had these symptons before though.

Everything seems to have returned to normal. All warning buzzers are working O.K and the door is no longer making a strange noise on being closed. I just need to check the open door warning light which didn't alert me that the door wasn't closed properly the other night. I'm pretty sure this is related to some frozen moisture that's found its way into the door mechanism.

Pete