Front Splash Guards- Worth it?

philb1965

I fitted them nearly 3 years ago form acros the pond, pre-painted.

P1060823.jpg

The rear ones don't do much as they only protect the area of the rear bumper that curves underneath and is out of sight.

The front ones probably stop about 25% (a guess) of the stone damage along the sides, but that is not helped by the fact I have run spacers most of the time.

The problem is the way the OEM skirts tuck under and I have certainly found they and the rear wheel arch are more prone to chipping than on the 350. Not one of the 370's best design features.

A year ago I had the skirts re-painted because of the stone chips and the intention was to have them clear wrapped to help provide better protection. But then I saw aftermarket skirts that avoid the 'tuck-under', which I still intend to get. When I do I will dispense with the splash guards as the front ones won't fit anyway and the as said above the rears are more decoration.

What skirts are they Colin? I've noticed I've got really small stone marks on the doors, tiny but the white primer shows them up if you look close. I'm guessing the guard may well stop this, just don't want to waste the best part of £100 once I've painted them.

• 6 months later...