Info on Upgrading the audio

mrchic

Hi Guys

I am quite interested to know what other members have done to there Zed's in the way of audio changes.

In particular whether its been a full install of a new HU, amps, speakers and wiring, or a partial install of maybe just the HU.

is a partial install possible? ive read that everything would need to be replaced due to different ohm's of the speakers.maybe there's other factors.

Ive read the threads on kit needed for adding an aftermarket head unit which is a great help, but any links to threads involving the installation with pics etc would be excellent.

Before buying the Zed i read a few posts saying how the Bose wasn't all that, well after coming from a really really bad audio setup in my previous car it sounds very good to me.

But i can see or rather hear that it lacks something,

My plan would be to first change HU, the front components, and deaden the doors. Change the original sub maybe for something better.

I have some 6.5 components i would like to use, would these fit the front doors? does someone have a diagram of the Bose setup please with speaker sizes etc

Many thanks for any help

I started with just a HU, then replaced all 4 speakers, then added an amp and them added a sub/amp :teeth:

Thanks Dave

So no problem with the speaker ohm's, and as long as the HU has pre-outs then good to go.

CAD seems the place to get the wiring harness and cage etc.

Thanks