tyre question

jumping350

sorry if its been on here somehwere so dont flame me :lol:

My possibly attendance at Grasshopper depends on it

Rota GTR 18 inch (dont know any width etc)

was running 255/40/18 on back and 235/45/18 on front no problem

swapped fronts today for same 235/45/18

can i put 245/45/18 on rears now?? and be ok with TCS also will they fit on a Rota GTR rim ok??

Thanks for any help

fronts are same its the rears im changing so going from 255/40/18 to 245/45/18

says width of my wheel is 18x9.5 is that for all four wheels??if thats the case then they will fit as the fronts are 235 so if they go on ..the rear will

guess its the rolling radius bit on the back then compared to the front??

Edited by jumping350

You'll also get oversteer much more easily as you'll be reducing the amount of stagger front to rear. Worth bearing in mind.

Yep know that and bridgestones not what I want to be heading into icy wkend with,they only temps for month so as long as rr is ok im happy

Edited by jumping350

I can see your point, but if you know the weather is going to be bad is it really a good idea to risk £10K worth of car by putting on not-good-in-the-wet tyres and increasing oversteer? Get some decent ones and put them on a credit card, has got to be cheaper than your excess.

i know were your coming from Dan and yes very good point about risking it, though i dont have a credit card unfortunately and didnt get paid at christmas so extremely tight january for me....with oil change/plug monday and 4 wheel alignment doesnt make it any easier

have to do it really as im down to the cord on one edge of the rears so cant take car out at all

The tread on the bridgestones are far better than the ones on the car so technically im being safer :lol:

Thanks for making my conscience tick though, i did have a complete winter on bridgestones 2 years ago with snow ice and almost wrote the car off going down a hill so im well aware of how pants they are