Japanese Autosport Festival 2007 TT track Assen

Mathys

Last year I went to the JAF 2006 at the TT track Assen, Holland.

( http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4407 )

This year I got invited to show my car again and I got the VIP treatment ;). This meant free entrance for me and 1 passenger + free access to the paddock. I met up again with the guy I got to know from last years show. He has a GM nismo kit with 20" Alteras and loads of n/a mods. He also got the VIP invitation along with a select group of other skyline and nicely tuned cars. So we got our own little space in between all the other club stands. First time my car was on carpet, ok it wasn't red but blue will do as well :D. Most of the other VIP guests had their cars in front of their shop stands as they were all owners of garages. This meant there was a big space for only 3 cars: mine, the other Z and a white skyline. A bit exaggerated, but who cars :).

Like last year there were loads of car clubs at the event and some really goodlooking individual cars as well. In the pictures below you can see the reason why I bought a Z and not a Impreza. There were roughly 100-150 impreza's collected and sorted on colour :scare: . There were only 5 other 350Z's at the event of which 4 were completely standard. At least my car has some nice little details and eye-catching wheels :p.

After watching some of the drifting going on and looking at loads of cars, we went for our free lunch in the Gold Club, located right above the pits. Here you have an excellent view of the official start of the track where they were doing quarter mile races. They only timed the 200m part of it for some reason. The fastest car was a Honda CRX doing the 200m in 7.x s with a trap speed of 143 km/h. Pretty fast...

The weather was greata as it was sunny and 17 degrees at this day (1 week ago actually, 1st of April). So we spend some time looking at cars again, talking to people and going back to the Gold Club for more free drinks :teeth:.

Later that day all the vip guests were informed that there was a possibility to drive on the track for half an hour. Of course I didn't decline this invitation, so around 4 o'clock I lined up in the pitstop area. Along were mostly Skylines, with some nice 200SX's and a Silvia. Most of the optically tuned with engines of 450hp or more. So I felt a little underrated with my Typhoon kit and grounding kit :p. With a total of 16 cars, we went for our first lap behind a S4 safety car. After that we were free to drive ourselves. It was explained that no drifting was allowed and is should be 'recreative' driving. Well, as we all had cars that weren't a Civic or a Golf, the speeds were quite high on the track. After 3 more laps I burned most of my fuel I had left, reaching >120 mph on the straight. Af the end of lap 3, we were directed towards the pitstop again. Here we were told that we could only continue with a helmet or stop driving. Reason: the speeds were a lot higher than expected and the laptimes were quite low :D. So I decided to leave as I didn't have a helmet for me and my passenger, nor enough fuel to do another 5 laps or so.

So it was again a really nice day. Even the driving towards Assen and coming back on the motorway as an experience of itself. Loads of car lovers on the road with nice vehicles, so :thumbs: everywhere. Even 1 crazy Primera with a chick hanging out of the passenger window, making pictures of me while driving 100 mph!

Here are some more pics for those interested: http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/ ... 7%20Assen/

It was quite windy, so all the girls wearing skirts showed some skin ;).

DSC01566.jpg

_MG_7175.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01591.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01600.jpg