Fast Road Set Up

SX Dave

Hi,

Wondering if you guys can help. trying to read up in advance before i lower my car.

After much searching for some black and white figures as to what fast road settings should be. I'm not having much joy. I know these setting would be down to the person setting them and/or the driver but does any one have figures of a good place to start for a fast road set up?

Or do people just tend to go with factory settings as there isn't much benefit over the added tire wear?

I guess people will probably just say take it to someone who knows but id like to double check with people in the know here and also what the person i choose to do it recommends.

Once iv decided on a coilover ill probably be after damper settings to but i haven't settled on a set up yet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave.

Thanks Alex, factory tolerances are fairly wide so i'm guessing its best to setting on the more aggressive side/limit of them would be the best place to start.

Do people have fast road set ups outside of factory tolerances?

Given the cost of alignment surely its better to start as close a possible to the "ideal" set up. As starting further away could add more alignment attempts and costs.

People must have the figures for a generic fast road set up to start from before tweaking. :wink: Or are these figures a trade secret? :wacko:

Thanks

Edited by SX Dave

There's no right or wrong answer to this, you'd really need to speak to the person doing your alignment and tell them how you want the car to feel, they'll set it up to your taste. I've always felt that 'fast road' or 'track' or whatever settings aren't the best description, every person will have his or her opinion on where those limits will lie.

Alex (as usual) has it spot-on. If you don't know how you want your car to handle, then get it back to the stock settings once you've finished fiddling with the components. Once you're then used to how it handles like that, you can decide whether you want more front end pointyness or more stability at high speed or a looser back end (!), or whatever.