Coilovers that do not affect stock ride height

wizard

I'm sure you'd be able to retain your normal ride height from coilovers.

Speed bumps are my nightmare which coilovers gave me the options to set a ride height that was in between avoiding ALL speed bumps or now just a few types of speed bumps.

Yeah I've ran coilovers in the past on different cars and it hasn't been the most pleasant experience, despite their obvious benefits.

I'm sure you'd be able to retain your normal ride height from coilovers.

Speed bumps are my nightmare which coilovers gave me the options to set a ride height that was in between avoiding ALL speed bumps or now just a few types of speed bumps.

Edited by wizard

Then why not just keep the standard shocks and springs? Or am i missing something?

Ive fitted all sorts of suspension to cars in the past and the only reason ive ever gone for coil overs is because i want to dial in the exact drop I want, rather than go with a set -40mm or -50mm or whatever the alternative kits have got.

If you want to keep a stock height, then I wouldnt have said coil overs would be my first option.

I did make the mistake once of assuming with coil overs I could keep the height standard then drop it at will by adjusting for tracks etc.. before I found out that the adjusters get so filled with dirt, mud and gunk that once you have set them up, the chances of being able to readjust the ride height months later is very slim.

Then why not just keep the standard shocks and springs? Or am i missing something?

Ive fitted all sorts of suspension to cars in the past and the only reason ive ever gone for coil overs is because i want to dial in the exact drop I want, rather than go with a set -40mm or -50mm or whatever the alternative kits have got.

If you want to keep a stock height, then I wouldnt have said coil overs would be my first option.

I did make the mistake once of assuming with coil overs I could keep the height standard then drop it at will by adjusting for tracks etc.. before I found out that the adjusters get so filled with dirt, mud and gunk that once you have set them up, the chances of being able to readjust the ride height months later is very slim.

Seriously? Never had this problem on the HSDs and I can wind them with my hand once Ive jacked the car up and knocked the locking nut off! What you been driving through? Puddles of Loctite?

• Like 1

Seriously? Never had this problem on the HSDs and I can wind them with my hand once Ive jacked the car up and knocked the locking nut off! What you been driving through? Puddles of Loctite?

Well it was on my daily driver, and after just a few months of winter use the shocks adjusters were impossible to move. All the dirt, muck, rain, salt. If it was just a weekend garaged car which never gets wet then I guess you`d be fine!