Exhaust Bracket Corrosion

lawlessdj

Hi All,

My exhaust has gone....AGAIN!! :rant:

4 years ago i had to replace the rear exhaust section as the bracket joining the rear section to the mid section was heavily corroded....two years later the mid section side of the bracket went....this time the very same bracket is totally corroded and think BOTH sections need to be replaced, as one side of the bracket comes attached to it's specific section!! :angry:

These are all OEM parts and as such I'm pretty raging I've got to replace them both so soon!

Is there any way around this with a separate bracket? I've been told this is a known issue...

Would a stainless steel exhaust be massively expensive?

I'll probably only have the car till the summer so don't want to fork out loads of money before selling it - can anyone help???

:help:

Dan

Thanks CS

The rear exhaust has completely come away from the bracket (or is it called a gasket?) - in the case would welding a sleeve be any good, would you have to weld the pipe back onto the bracket first?

Those exhausts you mentioned are those prices for the individual sections or the whole thing?

Many thanks

Dan

Go for the full system fella as it will be consistent as Mitz has pointed out but then you have nothing to worry about as its new. Plus if your going to spend a bit of money you may as well treat yourself and the zed :lol:

It's called a flange.

The same thing happened to me in that the back box pipe rusted through at the flange connection. I replaced the back box with OEM box as I needed a replacement quickly. I then found out that the mid pipe side also had a crack and it is just a matter of time before that fails or fails an mot. So I decided this year to replace the lot with stainless steel.

Luckily I managed to get a low mileage second hand miltek which will be fitted on Saturday.

It seems to me that it is the join between the two parts that is the weak point. It doesn't seal very well and condensate will leak and cause premature corrosion.

From my experience the metals Nissan seem to use rust like mad. When i changed the exhaust on my 20,000 mile old zed i was shocked at just how rusty the exhaust, brackets and bolts were. Shocking. Id replace the system with a nice stainless one - something like a scorpian one. Much cheaper than OEM system and not too loud.