Ventus Sport k104

mrchic

Hi all

I have these tyres on the car, and the two rear ones need replacing one has a nail and one has 0mm on the inner or outer edge cant remember at present.

Anyway, after going through the tyre thread on here it seems Toyo proxes t1r come up alot as a good all rounder. I usually paid about £110 ish on tyres on my previous cars.

What's the view on the Ventus, the techie at the garage who advised me on the condition of the two rear ones said they where budget, where as searching on internet says there high performance.

I have a receipt from when these tyres were put on back in September and they were £105

can i stick with these again or upgrade to the Toyo

Thanks

Hi

sorry should of mentioned i've only had the car a week, and they seem ok to me but i've not driven it mad (yet). does feel rather bumpy on the roads but im putting it down to the fact its a sport car, but i would prefer s softer ride.

Yes £105 to me is a budget, so would i probably look at £150 mark?

safety is important for me two

Cheers

They are actually made by Hankook who are a good mid-price tyre brand much like Falken, Kumho, Toyo, etc. I'm not sure the K104 is actually available anymore and I think the Toyo T1-R is being phased out in some sizes as well in favour of the T1 Sport.

If it was me I'd look to see what's on the front and try and match that. What tyres do you have on the front in terms of brand/model, size and tread depth?

If you didn't mind a drive i swear i read recently that Sly from Kaizer Motors can get a set of 4 Michellin Pilot Super Sports fitted on 18'' wheels for £745. This is a cracking price for an amazing set of tyres.

If youre in Chelmsford it's only an hour away and he could probably help with the other niggles you posted recently about the car, if you've not already sorted them.

Edited by Pnthrblkzs
  • Like 1

Yes i thought they were Hankook, although i couldn't see that branding on it.

The fronts are the same.

Fronts are Hankook Ventus K104 225/45y/R18

Rears are Hankook Ventus K104 245/45r/R18

didn't actually realise these were different sizes

Treads are about 5-6 mm

So best to match really all four really if i can get hold of them

Or these

http://www.blackcirc...0&tyre=19338151

Or Falkens bit cheaper, but then are mis-matched

http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/falken/ziex-ze-912/245/45/R18/W/100/f?returnurl=%2forder%2ftyres%3fversion%3d2.0%26width%3d245%26profile%3d45%26rim%3d18%26speed%3dW&tyre=13589185

Edited by mrchic

Those are the standard tyre sizes which makes things a little easier. In an ideal world you'd want to replace the rears with what you've already got on the front but like I said I think you'll be lucky to find them. The closest they do now would be the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 which are also available in the front size should you need to change those later. Having said that you might be better off changing all four tyres now as there's probably better tyres out there for the money and you might be able to sell the fronts on eBay.

A lot of the mid-range popular tyres on here are supposedly being discontinued such as the T1-R (replaced by T1 Sport), Falken FK452 (replaced by Azenis FK453), Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (replaced by Ultrac Vorti), Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31 (replaced by Ecsta LE Sport KU39), etc. Whatever you get make sure they also do the same tyre in the front size!

Your decision may come down to how many miles you intend to do, if track days are involved, how hard you drive and/or if you intend to replace the wheels including tyres sooner rather than later. If you hang around of this forum long enough you may find a need to change the wheels when previously you were happy with them. :lol:

Edited by roadtrip
  • Like 1

I think the falkens are in my budget at the moment

From what I've read the FK453 are in improvement on the older FK452 in pretty much every respect so I would go for those given the choice. The Kumho KU39 are also a similar price and have been rated well in some tests so might also be worth a look. :thumbs:
  • Like 1