Anyone in Surrey good at soldering or computer electronics??

jumping350

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes your right i do need glasses or to read the page before haha :rtfm: well i managed to get 3 different cables could use to repair so thats covered, il go back to maplins and get some good solder 2mo, then I guess who ever is kind enough to do it first :teeth:

If no joy il drop you pm wed bout it pete...arent i lucky to have soldering/electrical genius' round me

Edited by jumping350

i fixed it :yahoo: I cut away the cover to the connector unclipped with sharp knife the housing for the male connector (bent bit) also stabbed my hand at same time!! went maplins managed to find a 'create your own' usb connector took the guard bit slid it over old connector 'clicked' in place cover wrapped back round and melted in place...jobs a goodun...total cost £1.39

and best bit NO SOLDERING!!!

So at least theres an easy fix if someone else does it

Thanks to those involved but bad news is im getting a lap delta display and gear change indicator for xmas...anyone good at soldering lots of little things :lol:

Edited by jumping350

..arent i lucky to have soldering/electrical genius' round me

Well best you take it to him.

I will see whats occuring timewise with Lee on Sunday and take it from there.

It will get done lol:)

Could have done it tonight I am so hypher.

WEll that was a great waste of a Sunday.

The person i was supposed to meet did not appear.

I could have come to yours after all.

Edited by 4RE Leather

i fixed it :yahoo: I cut away the cover to the connector unclipped with sharp knife the housing for the male connector (bent bit) also stabbed my hand at same time!! went maplins managed to find a 'create your own' usb connector took the guard bit slid it over old connector 'clicked' in place cover wrapped back round and melted in place...jobs a goodun...total cost £1.39

Thanks to those involved but bad news is im getting a lap delta display and gear change indicator for xmas...anyone good at soldering lots of little things :lol:

Solder. Whats that?

Solder. Whats that?

:lol: