Anyone in Surrey good at soldering or computer electronics??

jumping350

youve got a gap betweekn 9.26 and 10am :lol: or we could try like the tv show knightmare and we could put a box on your head and me and dip can talk you through it :wink:

Damn pete thats a harsh day though hope they dont mess with you too much buddy

Where are you buddy?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing yeah could get to dorking am working at 5 so could drop anytime before 16.30 today, or whenever is next best for you..would an old usb end do?? i can slice one of something else if so

Thanks papa smurf

In an ideal world you would get a long USB cable and chop the opposite end off to the usb.

This is then threaded into the box and the wires soldered to the oem points:)

amazing yeah could get to dorking am working at 5 so could drop anytime before 16.30 today, or whenever is next best for you..would an old usb end do?? i can slice one of something else if so

Thanks papa smurf

In an ideal world you would get a long USB cable and chop the opposite end off to the usb.

what about off an old mouse?? how was your day pete??

Thanks Graham your right will be hectic now though

Thanks papa smurf

what about off an old mouse?? how was your day pete??

Thanks Graham your right will be hectic now though

I have all the stuff here except suitable solder as the stuff I have is to thin.

Can you open the box carefully and take a photo of the usb coming into the box please.

We may have to take a trip to Maplin on A3 Newmalden Roundabout.

Lee35 is coming down from middlesborough on Sunday so thats out and saturday I have to go Weisbeach round trip.

That leaves 2more after 12 as I am not getting out of my pit for no one.

or in the week wednesday onwards.

Anyway take the pictures first:)

Just do it the easy way and splice an old usb plug onto the existing cable after you cut the old end off, bit of heatshrink, job done :)

It will have to be one of the same guage wire.

They are infact different.

The one on my Jabra Bluetooth is very thin yet the one on my ship to shore wifi is a lot heavier.

Some are I wire and others threads twisted together.

But yes glad you volunteered to heat shrink as i have no gear.

You still need a USB lead and judging by the looks of the one on the box a printer one will do.

He will have to come over and pick one up and go down to you lol.

But seeing as he has gone to bed he will have to read this:):)

I wonder if those connecters are screw in ie like elecrical block connectors.

I am sure that Either Graham or myself can fit a new one.

I am still game for going straint in with a new cable and you can get the correct one down Maplins.

So I suggest you unclip the connector from the board and take it to maplin for them to match up.

Failing that the box.

If you did that tomorrow then text me with the update.

If I need to solder get some medium with flux in it please.

B)

Have you sorted this yet? I have soldering equipment and am pretty free to help. Can come to you if you like. Tony

You need to follow the thread Tony as he has his list of chores for tomorrow.

However if you can tie up with him then go for it as you have the solder.

:)

Edited by 4RE Leather

right morning chores done i went into maplins and they tried to sell me a £14 lead!!! they basically said to take it apart and solder a new cable by the pcb board???

do i really have to take it apart and solder as close to where it plugs in on pcb or can the wire be cut (outside the unit) and joined there??

either way your still joining a new wire to an existing loom....maplins said no to that though :fishslap:

right morning chores done i went into maplins and they tried to sell me a £14 lead!!! they basically said to take it apart and solder a new cable by the pcb board???

do i really have to take it apart and solder as close to where it plugs in on pcb or can the wire be cut (outside the unit) and joined there??

either way your still joining a new wire to an existing loom....maplins said no to that though :fishslap:

They are saying exactly what I 1st stated.

yes a decent USB would be £14 upwards.

All this chatter!!