Tonneau cover confusion

mrchic

Hi

As above my manual refers to the Tonneau cover being the one attached to the tailgate to hide items in the compartment towards the front.

When i search on here or elsewhere it refers to the cover which separates the two compartments.

my other question is i'm having trouble re-fitting The Tailgate Tonneau as the screw type fixing goes round and round as if there broken or they need to be attached to the Tailgate. hope im making sense :wacko:

Thanks

There is the tailgate tonneau and the vertical one which goes under the strut bar.

On the tailgate one the screws should only turn 90 degrees or so and lock in. Sounds like you need some new clips and screws

:pmzmanalex:

Thank you

just noticed the icon too :smile:

There is the tailgate tonneau and the vertical one which goes under the strut bar.

On the tailgate one the screws should only turn 90 degrees or so and lock in. Sounds like you need some new clips and screws

Thank you

I thought my clips were broken too.

What I found was the inner pin part of the clip needs to be pulled back (not out) and the collar pushed firmly (REALLY FIRMLY) into the tailgate trim. Then the inner pin can be rotated and hold the tonneau fixing secure.

David

• Like 1

Thank you

I thought my clips were broken too.

What I found was the inner pin part of the clip needs to be pulled back (not out) and the collar pushed firmly (REALLY FIRMLY) into the tailgate trim. Then the inner pin can be rotated and hold the tonneau fixing secure.

David

Yep, like you said then they snap in and turn fine :smile:

Thanks

Thankyou

All sorted just needed adjusting

• 2 months later...