Zed newbie advice

scottio87

Hi guys, just bought my first zed a couple of weeks ago and one of the rear tyres is showing signs of wear, most likely from over inflation from previous owner. Do I replace both rears? as one has loads of tread left. Do I need to buy brand new fronts as well or can I just buy the same brand as the fronts and put two new rears on? Any advice on tyre Choice would be welcome as well. I don't track the car but would like a good set to do the car justice.

If there's more than a couple of mm difference between a new tyre and an existing one then you really need to change both. Given the recent weather conditions and the forecast for the coming months, I'd definitely change a pair. The only time I wouldn't is if I'd only done sub-1K miles on them and got a puncture in one, then I'd only change the single one.

What tyres do you have on now? If they're the RE050A then they're a great tyre and I'd stick with them, if they're RE040 then I'd consider something else dependant on budget. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...