Advice on dead battery

Bobbyheinz

Hey guys, I left my car at the train station for a week while I was away for work. I came back and it was completely dead, didn't even turn over. I jump started it and managed to get home. Tried it again this morning and it tried to turn over but just made a clicking noise. Jump started it again and took it for a good drive and have stopped and started a few times since and it's been fine.

Is it just going to keep dying and I'd be best to just replace the battery?

Ok, it was cold this week but that shouldn't knock a good battery over. If you didn't give it much chance when you drove home from the station, headlights, heater on etc then it wouldn't have recovered from that hence the flat battery again this morning. It's on the way out I should think, take it in to a local garage and have them put a battery tester across it if you like but if it were me I'd buy a new one and be done with, assuming your alternator is charging correctly of course. If your battery is weak then the cold weather wil always find it out. Hope this helps.

Order online you have more choice and good prices. I got mine online. Go for something like a Bosch battery like their s5 silverline. I just changed my jag one. Worth it if the winter is as bad as they think Bosch ones come with a 5 year warranty.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Order online you have more choice and good prices. I got mine online. Go for something like a Bosch battery like their s5 silverline. I just changed my jag one. Worth it if the winter is as bad as they think Bosch ones come with a 5 year warranty.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Top advice.

Costco is good for batteries. If you have a later 350z model you will also have to take out the windscreen scuttle.