bose sound system (when cold)

Johnster

anyone have problems with their bose sound system when it is cold? mine jumps like hell first thing in the morning, even if the temperature is about eight degrees.

is this normal? are there any fixes?

thanks in advance

Mine's the same, I've just learnt to live with it.

well whatever system it is and my manual says bose but gives more reasons not to play cd's ......been ok the last few good days tho

:D lol. i was only having a bit of a jive. The BOSE is known as abit of a dog, and theres abit of a standing joke about it, BOSE disowning it when this issue was mentioned to them, and how its all made my Clarion.. . . very fishy

• 3 weeks later...

My CD player started skipping about 5/6 months ago. I thought it was the cold weather so didn't worry about it. After a couple of months it seemed to be getting worse and popped in to see my friendly Nissan dealer. I was told that CDR's are the main culprit as the dye used in them isn't as good as on pre-recorded CD's so try to avoid using them. Funny thing is CDR's are pretty much the only ones that play first time in my player! Pre-recorded CD's are extremely tempremental.

Anyway, Nissan said to try a few things out. Try the same CD in different slots to see if that makes any difference. Take the CD out as soon as it starts skipping to see if there's any moisture on the surface. If there's still an issue they would have to remove the CD player and send it off to BOSE for testing. A process which could take 3 months! :scare:

Something else Nissan said was that with some of their 4x4's the air conditioning unit was next to the head unit and people who constantly had their air con turned on were causing condensation within their stereo and problems with it playing CD's. Although this is not the case with the Z.

Not wanting to be without my CD player I've been trying a few things out. It seems that the player has to warm up before it starts playing CD's properly. I haven't been able to figure out how long that takes but it certainly allows CD's that wouldn't play before to play quite happily. The warming up is either park in the sun or use the player for 15/20 minutes.

Oh yeah, for information my car is an 06MY with the trusty BOSE head unit.

I had my head unit replaced under warranty for this exact fault back in January. Skipped quite a few times when cold. The brand new one is exactly the same. Have complained again to the dealer and they say they have ordered another new one from Germany. They have left me with the old one installed in the meantime so that I'm not without toons! Still waiting to hear from them about the latest replacement, was rather hoping it might be an MP3 compatible one this time...