How much did you pay for your zed/car negogiation advice

Level 7 Boss

Believe me, I've thought about it flexib :D

Thing is it took me months to decide that running a shed as a family car and a Zed as a toy couldn't be justified.

I just need to sort my life out and buy an uber family car before our Ford Focus completely sucks my soul out :D :D

History is critical for the best price, and there seem to be a few good examples around with low miles for not much money. It amazes me how cheap these cars are now - even on here there are good spec, well looked after 2004 UK GT cars with 50ishK for 6 bags of sand. Truly cheap for what they are, especially considering most have some useful engine / exhaust upgrades - I'm tempted to get another one myself :D

Definitely, and I'm not selling it back to you :lol:

I'm not surprised ;)

Like women though - once you've left you should never go back :D

I paid nearly 11k for my 57plate 313 which had 54000 miles on the clock...probably was "had" a little, as its the non-GT...but it is in the best colour

:cloud9: midnight blue!

It's worth about 8k now if I was to trade in...so I think they do depreciate hugely..or maybe I'm just unlucky! lol!

Good luck finding a good 'un :)

I think the high fuel prices hasnt really helped with the zeds depreciation. I paid about 16k for mine in March 2011 and when I part ex`d it in June 2012 I got 9k for it (nearly 7k loss in just over 12 months). The dealer put it up on his forecourt for 12k. So the cars actual value dropped by 4k.

Looking at other cars like BMW M3`s they too dropped by similar amounts, so its not just the zed.

I paid nearly 11k for my 57plate 313 which had 54000 miles on the clock...probably was "had" a little, as its the non-GT...but it is in the best colour

It's worth about 8k now if I was to trade in...so I think they do depreciate hugely..or maybe I'm just unlucky! lol!

I think the high fuel prices hasnt really helped with the zeds depreciation. I paid about 16k for mine in March 2011 and when I part ex`d it in June 2012 I got 9k for it (nearly 7k loss in just over 12 months). The dealer put it up on his forecourt for 12k. So the cars actual value dropped by 4k.

Looking at other cars like BMW M3`s they too dropped by similar amounts, so its not just the zed.

V10 E60 M5's can now be had for less than £15K - even given high running costs that's a proper bargain for us lot!

V10 E60 M5's can now be had for less than £15K - even given high running costs that's a proper bargain for us lot!

Big time!

There are loads of cars out there, just take your time & find the right one for you. I looked at about 12 cars when I bought mine 5years ago. After learning my lesson on previous cars It was well worth shopping around to find the right one. I still have it now & everytime I get a bit bored with it I either buy another in-term toy or blow more hard earnt cash into the Zed :)