First problem with my Zed since ownership

Humpy

So just about to jump in the work van ready for an outside install and with the current weather I thought I would grab the large brolly from the boot of my car. Grabbed my key fob and and went to unlock the car and nothing happened, so manually unlocked and checked ignition lights etc and absolutley dead.

Anyway just bought a new battery which will be fitted tomorrow and as I have some spare time but having owned the car 18 months this is my first problem so I cannot gripe at it at all! Looking at the current battery it looks like the original so its done well :)

Not sure why I felt the need to share this but I am :p Probably because everytime I use the car I have never had any concerns or worries that it wouldnt start and took me by surprise that I couldnt use the car. Lucky it was on the drive way when it decided to die :teeth:

Dude don't tempt fate!! I dont want to see another thread on how to read engine error codes! haha! :lol:

I had to replace my battery when I got my Zed and it was still on the orginal one, so it did really well to last that long (04 Zed). Just wish it went before I bought it so I didnt have to fork out! :dry:

Thinking about it, it has cost me flipping fortune with mods though..... nuaghty Zeditis :boxing:

That's not the car's fault is it :lol: :lol:

It so is Graham, if I didnt have the car I wouldnt be able to do it :p

Classic Zeditis symptoms Steve..... denial :lol:

Unlocked mine yesterday morning with the key button and as the indicators flash etc the rear window wiper decided to move with them. Tried it again and it happened again. Well strange. It was after a night of very very heavy wind and rain. Guessing water must have got in somewhere. All appears fine now.

When I started reading your topic I thought you were going to say the exact same thing!

I could be barking up the wrong tree here but my last 200SXs14 had an alarm system that was run on three lithium batteries strapped together and when the engine was running it would charge these batteries which operated the alarm/immobiliser. After 14 years of usage these lithium batteries no longer retained their power to operate the alarm/immobiliser and so used to use the main battery as the power source. I couldn't leave the car for more than 2 days without all power being drained out of it. A brand new battery would render itself totally knackered after 3 months, luckily i ws able to get 2 batteries under warranty. I went to by far the most useless Nissan workshop (in my opinion) in the world in Warwick who were as helpful as a young monkey growing into adolescence who'd just found out it wasn't just for pissing out of. I ended up getting a trickle charger and to be honest i haven't a clue if the 350Z operates under the same system. I hope this is not the case and that the wonderful error codes will enlighten you as to the problem.