RE050A or RE050A Ecopia's

notfub

Just wondering if there's any actual difference between the "standard" and "ecopia" version of the tyre? Local fitter has both listed on his syetm for the 350z at the same price, is it just a marketing gimmick or has the name changed over the last few months?

Thanks,

Dean

Edited to change "eco" to "ecopia"

Edited by notfub

Having to replace a nearly new rear tyre with nasty puncture so have to stick with the RE050A's for now M13KYF.

Just been on Bridgestones website and it lists several part numbers for the RE050A 245/45/18 69W rather confusingly but doesn't elaborate on the differences. I always thought a tyre of the right model, size, speed and load rating would be identical....better check the sidewalls on the fronts and rear when I get back to my car tonight for minute differences. Don't want to be running and eco & standard on the same axle, could be worse than running nankangs!!!! :scare:

Bridgestone say..."Bridgestone Tyres Bearing The Ecopia Mark Offer Low Rolling Resistance For Excellent Fuel Economy And Less CO2 Emissions."

Ahhh FFS!, seems I was running RE050A Ecopia marked tyres on the rear before my unrepairable puncture (on my Monday morning commute to Crewe). :( The Ecopia logo is suspiciously small so it looks like I'll now have to fit an Ecopia version to match up the rear axle pair.....bugger :( My usual tyre fitter in Swansea didn't point this out to me when I purchased them a couple of months ago, so perhaps all new RE050A's will be Ecopia marked from now on?

I wonder how many other owners are running on new RE050A's not realising they are Ecopia's.....I bloody well didn't know :rant: . Same tread pattern and sidewall markings except for the small Ecopia logo.

:surrender:

Edited by notfub