OBD software for my laptop?

tez162003

I got one of those OBD2 bluetooth thingy's months and months ago but never did anything with it as my stupid iPhone wasn't compatible.

I found a bluetooth dongle thingy in a draw the other day so thought I would try connect my laptop to the car, purely for a bit of fun and not to sit there changing anything vital. Just for a gimmick really.

Does anyone know of any half decent free software that I could download to use? Something that looks half decent as well and not some sort of home written black and white windows 95 looking software?

Thanks guys :)

I know it has to be wifi for my phone, that's why I am connecting my laptop instead :doh: lol

Had you of researched you would have known iPhone Bluetooth is crap. Would you like a copy of the software which came with my wifi dongle as I can make a copy. In fact you may be able to get a free download from ELM OBD Software.

I have been using my iPhone 4 with the car Bluetooth with no problems at all. Connects perfectly for both receiving and making calls.

The in car hands free voice recognition is good and the set up for stored numbers makes it a lot easier than voice dial with only 5 numbers at a time, but it still works fine.

It does eat the phone battery though but really can't complain.....automatically picks up and connects to phone, just throw it in the centre console.....