advice on registering a vehicle with no v5

wizurd

hi all.

Just looking for some advice. ive got two motorbikes that I got from a reputable garage local to me. They are both non runners and in bits. came from a local training school that closed down. Basically bought them as doer uppers. but I've had them a while and need to get v5s sorted for them since the garage didn't have the docs for these two. had already checked the regs online and they weren't stolen or anything and the chassis numbers match. anyone ever had to apply for a new v5 and to become a registered owner of a vehicle without the original documentation?

My son wanted to do this for a bike someone was selling. Have a look online. lots of info. It would appear you need to fill in a V62 and pay a £25 fee. The only problem area might be the date you acquired the bikes and your responsibility to declare them sorn. Once they know who owns them they then know who to fine :) Obviously if you have only just got them then this wouldn't be the case.

Edited by leonk