Oulton park introduction to drifting track day ?

Dave172

I saw them running on that track when I was up there week before last, looked amazing fun and I was a tad jealous, despite being on the proper circuit myself!

I'd love to spend a weekend there, one day on the drift track and one on the circuit.

I am wanting to learn to drift and was looking for advice on the best place to learn.

Any ideas I live in the north west so the closer the better. And been a novice drifter must have plenty places to fall off thanks.

Depends where you are in the country. Santapod do a DWYB (drift what you brung) and they have multiple pens to play in.

http://www.dwyb.co.uk/index.html

Me and Doug did this earlier in the year,June i think,was fantastic fun! Such a good laugh too. Didnt use much fuel,and couldnt see any wear on the tires either. Cant recommend it enough! I now know what the car feels like when its approaching the limit,and what to do with it when the back has broken away. Inspires much more confidence in the car and you too. Well worth doing.

There's nothing to hit at all, apart from those plasticky 'kerbs' which won't do anything apart from perhaps scuff a bumper if you're being really careless. It all happens at 20mph, so there's no way you're going to do serious damage.

Far more chance of being hit by a numpty driver on the roads every single day.

There are small tyres dotted around at some corners. I clipped one of these,and did scuff the underside of my rear bumper,but managed to polish most of it. Its all slow the way it happens, its great fun. I Used half a tank of fuel i think for the whole day,which was spent in 2nd gear after a few slow laps in 3rd. Seriously worth doing,not just for the fun,but the learning experience too.

If you're taking it easy you can do it without any risk at all as Dan and Daryl say above...

However if you want the most fun then you'll be doing 40-50mph and really hammering it! on my beemer by the end of the summer i had some pretty bad suspension damage, ripped off most of the front bumper, and had some pretty bad damage down the drivers side!!! :teeth: