Ferodo Pads

Sarnie

Pads are fitted, bedded in and are ace! :D

My problem now is that they are sqeeking sooooooooooooooo bloody loud!!!! :scare: How can I (My old man) sort this out?

Did you put a spot of copper grease on the backs of the pads? :thumbs:

Nope :doh:

By the back do you mean the metal part that is in contact with the caliper? If so, why would that part make a sqeeking noise? Surely its to do with part thats in contact with the disc? :wacko:

My problem now is that they are sqeeking sooooooooooooooo bloody loud!!!! :scare: How can I (My old man) sort this out?

By the back do you mean the metal part that is in contact with the caliper? If so, why would that part make a sqeeking noise? Surely its to do with part thats in contact with the disc? :wacko:

yes the metal part. i dont know why but yes it is supposed to help. Pop out to halfords and get a tube :thumbs:

might help

http://forums.hexus.net/archive/index.php/t-32808.html

yes the metal part. i dont know why but yes it is supposed to help. Pop out to halfords and get a tube :thumbs:

might help

http://forums.hexus.net/archive/index.php/t-32808.html

Ok.Surely the greasing will only last for a while though? :blush:

the squeeling is the pad vibrating on the pistons.

Firstly as mentioned you need to apply copper grease to the back of the pads and to the outer edges of the metal backing plate.

Also did you refit the original metal shims as these are designed to remove the noise as well.

the squeeling is the pad vibrating on the pistons.

Firstly as mentioned you need to apply copper grease to the back of the pads and to the outer edges of the metal backing plate.

Also did you refit the original metal shims as these are designed to remove the noise as well.

Yeah all the shims were put back on with the new pads. Will get the pads greased, can't help thinkin that the greasing thing will only last for a while though, or am i wrong?

Replacing the pads is one of the first jobs for me to do too.

I think the current ones are either on their way out, or have been glazed by previous owner, they certainly take more pressure on the pedal to get the same response as I had on the other one.

Guest prescience

If it helps, when I tok my pads out to inspect them, I removed the shim completely and threw it away. Used copper grease, never squealed and IMO improved braking performance marginally on OEM :)

phil, my front OEM pads didn't have a metal shim, rears do though

It's not essential to have them but it does help with the noise issue.

Most important is to make sure everything is cleaned up before fitting new pads including the locating pins, most dealers don't bother.

Just read the instructions :doh:

25 - 30 repetitions of 4 second 50% braking :D

That's the correct way to do it - and it's 50% race braking pressure. I started reading this thread thinking wot a load of old cobblers people were talking. DS2500's are classed as Race pads, so they're designed to be ready to go after a lap on the track. The bedding in procedure for them is very aggressive. If your discs aren't blue and the smoke from your wheel wells doesn't make other motorists go :scare: then you haven't done it right.

They're a fantastic pad - work well from cold, and we had no fade at all on our trackday with the Z. Hope you've got some decent brak fluid, or you'll boil it in no time!

While my VR4 (EVO VI spec) brembo's with DS2500's wail like a banshee, the Z's have never given much more than the odd peep.

Had the DS2500 on mine now for a couple of weeks. Thanks for your advice Phil on the bedding in, worked a treat.

Absolutly awsome.... :thumbs: A noticible difference from the standard pads. Anyone needing new pads soon, go for these.