Best Way Forward

drfeelgood73

Hi everyone,

looking for some wisdom with some upcoming work i am planning on doing.

Wanting to replace my exhaust system including the headers and was wondering the best way to do it.

I am also going to be putting on coilovers, sway bars, camber kit , droplinks as well as a plenum spacer from Wasso very soon.

Heard it is a bit of a bitch replaceing the header pipes with lack of space. Would it be better / easier doing all the jobs at once and whilst the rest is stripped out do the headers then....or is the header replacement easy enough to do on its own.

Just trying to plan the schedule. If it's easy enough will do all the above one at a time, but if not can plan it in to do all at once.

Any advice on the above or links to wiki info much appreciated....

:)

As Neil says, Headers are a pain even with the engine out they are a pain :scare: Day's work on car with lots of shouting swearing and grazed knuckles!

Rest of Zorst could be done in a couple of hours - depends on fit and how careful you are taking the old one off.

Coliovers I'd allow a day can be done in about 2 hours if all the bolts are easy and you have done them before.

droplinks easy after you cut the old ones off ;)

Plenum spacer 30 minutes allow an hour in its yoiur first time :blush:

Camber kit - which one? The rear camber arms are just 4 bolts so an hour.

Good luck, take some pics and get it in your build thread :thumbs:

I was thinking about some Crawford headers / Crawford HFC's.

The way the weather is just now, it may be the best time to start stripping, dont mind spending the time as that was one of the reasons for getting the car in the first place.

Will have 3 weeks off next time home to get stuck in.....if i can get the stuff delivered...

Will probably go with Eibach for the camber kit and the sway bars.... but will be asking the Zman for some advice as to what would best suit the HKS coilovers i got from him.

Looking to get her set up for some track fun next year..... Want to do majority of the work myself and then take her to somewhere to get her set up and aligned properly for the wheels and then maybe a remap/dyno run.......who knows....all dependant on how the bank robbery pans out.... B)

Will have 3 weeks off next time home to get stuck in........

That's what I said and it only took 11 months in the end :lol:

Have you got a garage?

O and good luck with the bank robbery - but aren't you supposed to have the getaway car ready first ??? :blush::lol:

Yeah..... got a garage.....

11 months.....Bit longer than what i am hoping for...lol.... Will give me an excuse to get those extra tools before santa time as well....

As for the bank.....havnae stripped her yet...... ;)

I am waiting to hear back about the Crawford headers..... I did hear nasty rumours about them not fitting, but thought i would enquire on the offchance anyway....