Your View on Colour?

crasher

Hi Folks,

Thinking about trading in my Blade Coupe for a later (06) model. I've seen a bright red one locally with Nismo body kit and wheels. A mate of mine (in the motor trade) stated that he would never buy a red car as they are tough to get rid of!

Anyone got any thoughts/experience in this area? :scare:

Cheers,

Nick

IMHO Red are easy enough to shift in sports car form. They are pretty rare on Z's (Ive seen more yellow than red!)

Ferraris for example will fetch a few K more BECAUSE they are red.

Red cars in some forms may be hard to shift, but not in sports cars in my opinion.

I quite like red but your sales person will be thinking resales based on past history... They always say silver, grey and dark metallics are the ones for best re-sale... but i think this applied mainly to run-of-the-mill vehicles.

I think traders used to be weary of reds etc... because red cars used to be prone to paint fade ( I think the pigments used were not so strong), and also this colour alongside white where regularly applied without a top coat (lacquer) so these tend to degrade quicker, due to UV attack.

But I think that the red applied in the zed is kind of shiny nearly metallic, , which could indicate some artificial ingredients... to make it more durable...and I think this particular red has a top coat ( transparent lacquer) applied.

Best Way to check is to ask a Nissan Approved bodyshop, about the paint spec for red... and specifically ask if they apply a top coat ( transparent lacquer), or if it is only the base coat applied. If they apply a top coat, go for it...

I know the latest Nissan Micra Red is a metallic red, and they canned the old type red...( I asked a while back...)

To be honest, I think red on a sports car looks smashing.. its a very forgiving colour to keen clean and look after as well..

But, what everyone else says is right, if your going to keep it a few years go for what you like!,.. After a few years a different colour wont make any huge difference in value on a part exchange!

Folks,

Thanks for the input. I must confess I have gone for the safer option and just agreed a deal on an 06 GT in Gun Metal with 3K on the clock - I should be picking it up on Saturday.

Looking forward to the extra horses! :teeth:

I've traded mine in with a deal made easy by Nissan West London (good service by proactive sales guys).

Nick

Folks,

Thanks for the input. I must confess I have gone for the safer option and just agreed a deal on an 06 GT in Gun Metal with 3K on the clock - I should be picking it up on Saturday.

Looking forward to the extra horses! :teeth:

I've traded mine in with a deal made easy by Nissan West London (good service by proactive sales guys).

Nick

GM :yawn: .....just kidding...who cares what colour, they're all great....even UY :thumbs: