Time to move on

MRH 350Z

Time to move on... :byebye:

The 350Z has sold... I ran the 350Z as a second car but really I need my second car to be capable of transporting my new son... hence the sale.

I have replaced it with an RX-8 (a '58 pearlescent white 40th Anniversary edition). I am happy with my choice, the difference in power delivery between the two cars will take some getting used to, and the lack of torque in the RX-8 is perhaps a shame. However, the handling is more impressive than I thought it would be, I love the styling and 9100 rpm is fun! We won't mention mpg, oil and advice not to turn the ignition of cold to avoid flooding the engine!!

The 350Z has been a great car. Muscular. Nicely weighted and responsive steering, heavy and well defined gear change, heavy clutch, well balanced chassis, a great engine and good looks. Add to that good mod options, rock solid reliability, 27 mpg on the motorway (!) and of course a great owners club and you can't go wrong.

My choice I think will always be to try different drivers cars... e.g. V6, V8, Wankel, Boxer, front-engine, mid-engine, front and rear drive cars etc... rather than just stick with one. Would I consider a 350Z/370Z again. Definitely.

I will certainly miss the noise of the JWT popcharger, Berks HFC and Milltek cat-back..!

:wave:

i had a 350, sold, had a couple other cars, ek9, rx7, evo5, and now im back again :)

rx8 is a nice car, they handle brilliantly and are fast becoming a very popular choice for drifting.

i can get a lot of rx7 and 8 parts so if you are ever needing help sourcing anything feel free to get in touch and if i cant help i should be able to point you in the right direction.

best of luck with your new car and enjoy :)