leather seat

sparkyc

:angry: hey i wonder if anyone can help me. i have an '04 Azure blue GT with leather seats. the other day my mate jumped into my car with his dog who proceeded to scratch the leather on my seat, i tried using some black shoe polish (total waste of time) as you can still see the brown leather underneath where the dog has scratched off the black. Any ideas would be gratefully recieved as the seat looks bloody pants!

PM 4RE leather :)

:angry: hey i wonder if anyone can help me. i have an '04 Azure blue GT with leather seats. the other day my mate jumped into my car with his dog who proceeded to scratch the leather on my seat, i tried using some black shoe polish (total waste of time) as you can still see the brown leather underneath where the dog has scratched off the black. Any ideas would be gratefully recieved as the seat looks bloody pants!

Have you tried the 2 suggestions above?

• 2 weeks later...

I've always used and recommended Gliptone for leather. A lot of leather products contain silicones which make it squeaky or slippery.

Gliptone is used on premium car leather, horse saddles, furniture etc.

Apply the cleaner with a mf cloth, work into the leather. Remove with a slightly damp mf.

Once dry, apply the conditioner with another mf. Work into the leather with a leather brush or soft nail brush.

Job done. When I pick up my Zed next week one of the first jobs will be detailing geekery prior to winter - and Gliptone will be coming out :)