corroding alloys - warranty issue

EDDIEEDMO

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i went to nissan and had pics taken etc.

the service managr took the pics but said he could only see corrosion on the offside rear because it was pissing with rain :lol:

see what happens but i'm not holding my breath.

A well worded letter to NMGB will do the trick. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

well, nearly THREE weeks later, nissan phone me yesterday...

"we went to use the pics from the camera and they're gone"

THREE BLOODY WEEKS TO EVEN BOTHER THEIR ARSE TO EVEN LOOK AT THE ****IN PICTURES!!!!!

not happy. apparently now i have to go back to the dealer to have pics retaken. i asked if i could do them and email them and initially they said no it has to be done by a warranty guy. phoned me back saying they're gonna check up and see if i can do it.

i've just spent at least 20 hours on the car getting it spotless for coming back off my driving ban in march, not about to ruin it for their incompetence.

really pi**ed off, still waiting on a return call.

• 2 months later...

Just looking for a bit of advice guys,

Went over to Keighley Nissan last month so they could have a look at the skipping stereo and take some pictures of the alloys as they have corroded (bubbled) really badly over the winter.

Took the car into Nissan again this morning to have the stereo replaced and asked the guy if they had heard anything with regards to the alloys. He said that they would need to take more pictures as Nissan had requested them. He said that there is no way the the alloys would be replaced only refurbished and that they would need the car in for a week if the claim was approved.

So just got off the phone with Chorley Nissan where i bought the car from and was told that if the wheels were going to be refurbished that they would only need the car in for a day? On the other hand they said that Nissan may send out a warranty worker to have a look at them and then a decision would be made if the alloys would be replaced or not.

So it sounds from Keighley that I will just have to accept refurbishment but have been told that I should push for them replacing. So where do I go from here?

Thanks guys

Went over to Keighley Nissan last month so they could have a look at the skipping stereo and take some pictures of the alloys as they have corroded (bubbled) really badly over the winter.

Took the car into Nissan again this morning to have the stereo replaced and asked the guy if they had heard anything with regards to the alloys. He said that they would need to take more pictures as Nissan had requested them. He said that there is no way the the alloys would be replaced only refurbished and that they would need the car in for a week if the claim was approved.

So just got off the phone with Chorley Nissan where i bought the car from and was told that if the wheels were going to be refurbished that they would only need the car in for a day? On the other hand they said that Nissan may send out a warranty worker to have a look at them and then a decision would be made if the alloys would be replaced or not.

So it sounds from Keighley that I will just have to accept refurbishment but have been told that I should push for them replacing. So where do I go from here?

Thanks guys

pm martinGT mate, he has just had his replaced, he may be able to give you some advice :thumbs:

Thanks guys

It should take no more than a couple of hours to sort out. The wheels get ordered from a wheel refurbisher in the UK. The wheels get done by this firm who then send the set to the dealer to swap the tyres over and give you your car back.

Two points - get signed confirmation from the dealer that they have received the pictures - it can save weeks of pain. Secondly, get to the dealers with something to protect the wheels before they go on the car. It will help prevent premature corroding again.... ;):)