corroding alloys - warranty issue

EDDIEEDMO

Good to know they are good for something!

Were you there a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday? I think I may have seen your car outside. I was trying to get hold of Terry (Dealership Principal) and foolishly thought he'd work on a weekend! Going to see him tonight about my compensation for crappy customer service. He's offered a service (36k is next) but I'm going to haggle for a couple ;)

Can't remember now Chris, I've been there so many times! I've only ever dealt with Mike and Lee. They've always been really helpful.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the majority of the lads down there arent bad. I wont name and shame the salesman that lead to me wanting compensation, but lets say he didnt exactly go out of his way to compete the sale once he had my deposit.

Terry is a top bloke, he was very helpful once I got to speak to him. Just need to drag my backside into the dealership to get it sorted.

I think it must be you. Its the only other Zed I've seen there since getting mine, as we know there arent many around. Might be good to drop that into the convo with Terry that there are other forum members that use the dealership and if he doesnt play nice with me, I'll not give them the nicest write up on here ;)

Yeah the majority of the lads down there arent bad. I wont name and shame the salesman that lead to me wanting compensation, but lets say he didnt exactly go out of his way to compete the sale once he had my deposit.

Terry is a top bloke, he was very helpful once I got to speak to him. Just need to drag my backside into the dealership to get it sorted.

I think it must be you. Its the only other Zed I've seen there since getting mine, as we know there arent many around. Might be good to drop that into the convo with Terry that there are other forum members that use the dealership and if he doesnt play nice with me, I'll not give them the nicest write up on here ;)

And also potential customers, I need to get the Z serviced soon and am currently choosing between Reading and Basingstoke. Let me know how you got on.

:thumbs:

And also potential customers, I need to get the Z serviced soon and am currently choosing between Reading and Basingstoke. Let me know how you got on.

I can vouch for Reading, a world apart from Slough. :)

When I had my second service done in B'stoke, they were late getting the car back to me. As a gesture of goodwill, they did the air con service FOC, (inlcuded re-gassing) which has made a big difference to the cooling temperature inside. I wasn't even making a fuss, they just knocked it off the bill! They also MOT'd my other half's Corsa which failed due to a leaking CV joint boot. But they fixed the problem and didn't charge for teh work, just the MOT.

Pretty good I reckon, far better that the Renault dealership I used to use when I had a company herse (sorry, Laguna)

Was that the B'stoke Renault? They were/are pap!

I got my Zed from Basingstoke based on a mate singing their praises about services and MOTs. He gets all his cars done there, and apparently the MOT is the cheapest around. Thats why I was dissapointed with the service I got, albeit from one crappy salesman.

Sounds like we have quite a little Blazingsmoke crew in the making B)

Yeah, that was Herd's Renault when they used to be on the fire station roundabout, where Lidl is now. They were really bad. Got some warranty work denied there once due to a fraudlent warranty claim from another garage for work that had never even been done on my car! Was a company car, so I didn't care, but would have been outraged if I was paying the bill...

Well chaps, I spoke to Terry end of last week and as a good will gesture hes going to do my next service (P2/3 - not sure which I need yet) for free. Cant say fairer than that. I did try and push for a P1 too, but he politely told me to bugger off!

He did say however, if I get some new people to get services from him and say they were recommended by me, he'd give me the P1 for free when I next need it. So if you go to B'stoke for a service, tell them I sent ya and to tell Terry! :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, today I finally got my brand spanking new RAYS fitted FOC by the fantastic Basingstoke Westway guys :D . They did phone me mid morning to check if I wanted them to fit four new tyres to go with my new wheels, (obviously at my expense) but I declined as I reckon I've got a few miles in those boots yet and they would charge way more than Micheldever

Anyway, just goes to show that some dealers will honour the warranty intent. So if you have got corroding alloy problems, persist and you may there eventually!

They are being a bit slow in getting me a second replacement stereo though... :rant:

Thats good to hear chap. I think the replacement stereo thing could be down to the fact that they are a few men down atm. The dealership principal is working down in Southampton atm to cover for someone and I guess the guy covering him isnt on the ball. Just keep calling and chasing. They got my replacement cubby in pretty damn quick.

Let me know how you get on tyre price wise at Micheldever. I hear they are the cheapest around, but never taken a trip down there yet (with my car anyway). Would be interesting for a point of comparison between that and Blasingsmoke places. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Thats good to hear chap. I think the replacement stereo thing could be down to the fact that they are a few men down atm. The dealership principal is working down in Southampton atm to cover for someone and I guess the guy covering him isnt on the ball. Just keep calling and chasing. They got my replacement cubby in pretty damn quick.

Let me know how you get on tyre price wise at Micheldever. I hear they are the cheapest around, but never taken a trip down there yet (with my car anyway). Would be interesting for a point of comparison between that and Blasingsmoke places. :thumbs:

Micheldever quoted me £627 for 4x Michelin Pilot Sports. Went to get them fitted the other day, but unfortunately, someone has knackered my locknut meaning they can't get any of the wheels off. This must have happened when I had my new Rays fitted a short time ago. Very annoyed. Have been on to Westway and they are going to "take a look" when I pop in tomorrow. They also offered to fit my new stereo at the same time, so that was a bit of a sweetener...

Really annoyed about the locking nut though because someone must have known that they'd knackered it, but still didn't say anything! If I'd had a puncture, I'd have been stranded! :angry:

the AA have a special nut that removes them if you got stuck

You could get a set of toyo's for a lot less money

Hmm, thanks for that Mike. I'll have to get on to the AA if Nissan can't help me later...

Just checked 'etyres' and the Toyos are quite a bit cheaper than the Pilots. I guess it's the Proxes T1-R that you were referring to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I took my 2005 roadster into the main dealer abut the Rays corroding and they told me that its the leading edges that are affected and this is due to stone chips and that therfore was not a warranty issue. I disagreed with them so they said they would try but 5 or so people had already tried to no avail.

Got a call from the garage yesterday and Nissan have agreed to replace all wheels FOC.:yahoo:

As for the Falkens I had these fitted a while back before I took the car to the Nurburgring in Germany and I've got to say the Bridgestones were much better around the track the previous time than the Falkens. Although to qualify this the bridgestones were well worn in and the Falkens brand new. But next tyre change I'll go for the Toyos not the Falkens.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

going to my nissan dealer i bought the car from on monday to complain about the bubbling.

1948299772_c9adb6431d_o.jpg

the sales manager is very good with me after a few problems when buying the car so hopefully it'll be all good, i just speak to him directly now. i'll let you all know how i get on.