Silver Indicator Bulbs

DJ Dunk

My fingers are chubbier than mattesons pork sausages, and Ive installed and removed these twice now on two Zeds, 10 minute job tops.

The trick is to have a long thin screw driver to hand, as you can use this to support the socket while adjusting your fingers to get a better grip on the bulbs/socket. A pencil will do the job if you cant find a suitable screwdriver.

If anyone is having difficulty bring them along to the Wales meet and Ill do them for you no problem. :thumbs:

How did you access the sidelights DJ i tried but thot i was going to snap the lens cover do you have to get at them from behind.

Yes, had to go in through the arch to get to them. Still sustained a few minor abrasions :blush:

This is crazy!

I am pretty sure there is a European Country where, if the police find you have a headlamp bulb blown they expect you to have a replacement bulb and be able to replace it... there and then... imagine being stuck in the middle of the night , rainy and being asked by a copper to replace the bulb or have the car towed away...

from what in gather on the Zed you cannot really do this without removing wheel arch protectors!!! WTF... or removing the headlamp... WTF :scare:

stooopid :rant:

off topic , BUT ...had to replace a blown indicator front bulb this morning , managed to turn the holder and withdraw it from headlight , Then the blkoody bulb fell out of holder and dropped into headlight unit inside :headhurt:

1 hour later after wheel off , under arch protector off , bumper off, headlight out and fished blown bulb out... job done.. :rant:

Nothings ever easy :blush:

You must have worse luck than me Tim!

At least you know how to swap them for silver ones now though! :)

The thought did cross my mind , but I'm leaving well alone now I can see if I try to do the other side the same things going to happen with my luck, and a 10min job becomes 2 hours :dry: