Interchangeable headlights?

Beast.

Hi all

Iv been trying to find out if 2006 model headlights are interchangeable with 2005 models - remove and refit? Seems such an easy question - but been looking for a good while now and no luck so thought im sure someone will know on here will know.

+ Does anyone know or recommend a custom headlight maker in the UK like cincitydesigns in the US?

I see cincitydesigns have a lot of info on here. Do people recommend them and their products :bounce:

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 years later...

Can a 2005 xenon zed have a 2006 ebay hid light fitted as they'd use original bulbs from the 05 headlight. How would you get round the seperate high beam situation

having a quick look prefacelift is a d2r bulb

facelift is a d2s bulb other than that plug and play

But surely because theres a seperate wire for the high beam on pre facelift, just changing the low beam bulb surely wouldn't work

My guess would be the wiring harness inside the light will now go to a reflector that moves rather than turning a bulb on, unfortunately i haven't swapped for kouki headlights yet but others have

Edited by StevoD

I done the 06+ headlight swap on my 53 plate gt with xenons standard and it was straight plug and play if the new lights come with the ballasts and bulbs like mine did.

not had any issues all i did was unbolt the old lights then fitted the new ones .

20150413_110213.jpg

20150510_102115.jpg

Best £330 pound ive spent on it so far :).

If u dont have factory xenons standard it wont be as straight forward as plug and play .

• 4 weeks later...

redzed8, was there a noticeable improvement in light output?

The lights do seem to be brighter now and have a crisp line between light and darkness when there on.

I never really had a problem with the older xenons and the only reason i got them was to update the front end a bit and because they were so cheap.

All in all these cost me 35 pounds after i sold my old lights on ebay .

you were very lucky to pick up a pair for that iv been looking for ages and are normally around the £500 mark

Good condition OEM will cost you about £800, lower if they're a bit banged up. But you can get Chinese DEPO lights off US eBay for about £300-350.