Not been driven for a week, now "woolly" steering?

Andy75

Hi guys and gals,

Ginger hasn't been driven for about a week, and seeing as its Friday and sunny B) it's obviously drive the beastie to work day. BUT! steering now feels odd (not sure if it's because I've been driving the X-Trail for 2 weeks) - turning left seems good, turning right seems stiffer and perhaps might be pulling slightly right?

I've done a quick visual check in the car park at work, and all seems ok - I haven't checked the tyre pressures, but the tyres "look" the same as far as I can tell. I guess that would be my first stop really, check pressures then go from there, unless anyone knows of anything that might get stiff in one direction after it's been left un-driven for 7 days? :blush:

First port of call is to check those tyre pressures after the tyres have cooled down, it maybe, of course, that it was like that originally and now you've only just noticed. If not tyre pressures get the tracking looked at and then 4 wheel alignment/ suspension /steering wear check if required. :)

:teeth: that's the sort of thing I should have thought of when driving in, instead of pooing a brick wondering which banana-drop-trailing-bush-bar-link had fallen off :blush: Damnit, ah well will give me a nice detour on the way home :thumbs:

Hope you don't mean the detour is to check your tyre pressures :shrug:

:teeth: that's the sort of thing I should have thought of when driving in, instead of pooing a brick wondering which banana-drop-trailing-bush-bar-link had fallen off :blush: Damnit, ah well will give me a nice detour on the way home :thumbs:

Yes the detour will be check my pressures, as I have no pump or gauge in the car or at work. Detour to the garage on the way home :)

That will warm the tyre and the air within them and therefore produce an inaccurate (high) reading but should do for the purposes of establishing if one is lower than the others, might be a good idea to check for nails/screws in case you have a slow puncture. Best thing to do for the future is by a tyre pressure gauge and an electric pump so that yo can check them accurately at home :)