Up rev?

Niko

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be getting my zeds up rev done very soon at rs tuning hopfully, just wanted to ask, especially from thoughts of you thats had it done.

Is any worse on fuell economy?

Dose it get rid of the restrictions in 1-2-&3?

Just wanted to ask as I have no idea about re-maps and this will be the first time I've had one done.

Cheers

My economy has increased by about 1.5 mpg and it does eliminate the lazy throttle response mapped in as standard in the first 3 gears.

The benefits feel significantly more than the headline numbers would suggest.

+1

Only thing to add is to make sure you have any supporting mods done first to stop any further expense and having to go back

My economy has increased by about 1.5 mpg and it does eliminate the lazy throttle response mapped in as standard in the first 3 gears.

The benefits feel significantly more than the headline numbers would suggest.

+1

Only thing to add is to make sure you have any supporting mods done first to stop any further expense and having to go back

i made that mistake, i only put in some Zorst mods, wish i'd waited until i got my plenum spacer fitted, but i'll get it mapped again next year

Ive already got the plenum spacer done, getting the exhaust,hfc,ypipe soon then I think that's it's. Coz I know you can't get much bhp gains without going forced induction.

Sounds good to me, if you Zed has the older airbox then it wouldn't hurt getting the rtbiscuit mod done it won't break the back either :thumbs:

Ive already got the plenum spacer done, getting the exhaust,hfc,ypipe soon then I think that's it's. Coz I know you can't get much bhp gains without going forced induction.

Sounds good to me, if you Zed has the older airbox then it wouldn't hurt getting the rtbiscuit mod done it won't break the back either :thumbs:

What's the rtbiscuit mod lol, my zed is a 54plate

It a little bit of metal that converts the old airbox to the standard of the newer one, would be well worth checking out with those other mods you have :thumbs:

Is there a guide on here how to do that?

And it's to easy spending loads of money on the zed :lol:

I'm on my phone and can't be ar$ed to search but there is a guide and a sale thread, just PM rtBiscuit I think it's £35.... Takes 5 minutes and overnight to cure the sealant, trickiest thing is getting the box out in the first place really...

Not to worry Ill find it. :thumbs:

It a little bit of metal that converts the old airbox to the standard of the newer one, would be well worth checking out with those other mods you have :thumbs:

Is there a guide on here how to do that?

And it's to easy spending loads of money on the zed :lol:

Its worth doing, i noticed distinct improvement in the higher rev range, just seems to pull stronger above 5k rpm, cheap mod too

• 1 month later...

My economy has decreased significantly and got even worse when i fitted the haltch. on track I get about 6-7mpg and average 16mpg on average for a tank on mix of motorways and normal spirited country drives. I'm amazed people can get 30mpg + on a tank!

Its all in the mapping - on a run my 350 will do ~30mpg, and thats not hanging about either. I've mapped it to run leaner than 14.7:1 in the cruising areas and it seems to work well. Probbaly won't do the cats much good...

Edited by Jez