Steering wheel Not straight

calvin1169

I picked my 350Z last weekend and had previously test drove it the weekend before. On the test drive everything was spot on apart from what I thought to be the tracking, the car drove straight but the steering wheel was off to the right a bit, car doesn't pull to te right or anything though. I've just been to have the tacking done hoping it would fix this so when driving straight the steering wheel would be straight too. Although the tracking was out and is now sorted, the steering wheel is still to the right. Wondering if there is anything else I should be getting checked out? Or can the steering wheel simply be loosened off, straightened up and tightened back up?

On a different note, just noticed something with the wing mirrors when adjusting them. drivers mirror glass will adjust up, down, left and right where as the passengers mirror glass will only adjust up and down, there is no left and right. Is this the way they are? Or is there possibly something wrong with the motor?

Could be a mirror switch fault or a mirror motor fault so further investigation will be required, however all parts in stock if required :thumbs:

Regarding the steering wheel being off centre.

This should be corrected when the tracking is getting done.

The steering wheel should be clamped in the straight ahead position before the tracking is adjusted.

Take it back to the garage and get them to rectify this issue.

Alex :)

Could be a mirror switch fault or a mirror motor fault so further investigation will be required, however all parts in stock if required :thumbs:

The steering wheel should be clamped in the straight ahead position before the tracking is adjusted.

Is there anyway to test the mirror switch (I assume the round twisty knob you use to adjust the mirrors?) apart from the obvious of taking it out and fitting a new one? If new switch is only way I will take one soon of you, going to need some exhaust gaskets and bolts in the next week or two so might as well get them all at the same time.

Is there anyway to test the mirror switch (I assume the round twisty knob you use to adjust the mirrors?) apart from the obvious of taking it out and fitting a new one? If new switch is only way I will take one soon of you, going to need some exhaust gaskets and bolts in the next week or two so might as well get them all at the same time.

Is there a noise from the mirror when you are trying to adjust it?

Nope no noise when trying left/right. Only sound I can hear I what I can only describe as a slight click coming from the door, maybe a rely or something? But the mirror motor is deffinatly not trying to move to the side.

Nope no noise when trying left/right. Only sound I can hear I what I can only describe as a slight click coming from the door, maybe a rely or something? But the mirror motor is deffinatly not trying to move to the side.

If you are getting a noise from the door area when working the switch then that probably points to a fault perhaps in the mirror.

Without getting to technical on the proper test procedure, why not just swop the mirrors over.

They obviously will not fit to the door, however the electrical connectors are the same.

In fact all you have to do is remove the passenger mirror, disconnect the wiring block connector on the driver's side and connect up the passenger mirror to the driver's side and test.