No sound from Pioneer HU

Yella Fella

Right, I've finally got round to grounding the wires as per Lexx's thread, all parts bought from incartec too. However the HU now comes on, but no sound, even connecting the RCA cables.

I know the speakers etc work as I've pulled out the Kenwood double din HU that was in there prior. The steering remotes work too, power gets saved, just no sound. Really can't figure it out, I never been this baffled with car audio till I had come across the Z!

Any ideas? Gonna try again over the weekend

Common mistake don't worry your not alone :doh:

The remote wire sends a signal to the Bose amp to wake it up so that is why there is no sound, the Bose amp is sleeping.... from memory my old Pioneer HU had a dedicated remote wire which I think was blue and as said connect it to the blue/white wire from the loom :thumbs:

I'm blaiming the previous installer as all my previous ICE setups were done by myself... I can't believe I have missed this out :headhurt:

Well the original Pioneer loom has bullet connectors, so I'll get my friend to splice an additional part to it. Never have I had to splice/bullet up so many parts to a car's stereo loom before!