Clutch Click

richmillions

I went to look at a 350z at weekend, it all seemed good, could do with some stone chips and marks being redone. One thing I noticed was when I let the clutch out the was a clicking/ping noise at the very top. It drove fine, didn't seem to be slipping. From my search I can't see this before, any ideas or is it nothing? :shrug:

Could be a clicking rear axle, have a search for that.

Ya I was listening out for that but its definitely coming from the front. It was just a once off noise each time the clutch is released, is there whether from standstill or moving in all gears. Is there a video of the rear axle click I can compare to?

Cheers

Mine does a similar same thing, actually sounds like it's coming from the pedal itself on mine.

I think there are a couple of switches which are operated by the clutch pedal, one switches the cruise control off, the other stops the engine being started without the clutch being depressed. I suspect it's something to do with one of those, but would welcome other comments too.

If its a DE engined car it could be the clutch slave cylinder needs regreesed, happens to mine a lot due to bonnet vents allowing water to run down the engine and wash the greese off the cylinder. easily accessable unless you have an HR :headhurt:

worth a try as its easy to do. :thumbs: