Cheap thrills

Topcat

Ive just broke my clio to get a 350z.

Decent little cars, lots of fun and so cheap to run!

Can get a decent Cup cheap as now, but if I would be looking for a 182 with both cup packs. The reality is between all the models they really isn't much difference in speed standard.

Just make sure it has a recent cambelt and aux belt change as its pretty costly.

Heres my clio ph1, probably the most fun car i will ever own imo.

IMG_6424_Touristenfahrten27052012.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

Only the old shape 225 megane which i'm not keen on that back end. ;)

I've been considering just getting a shed till winter then thinking about picking up a vauxhall vx220 for cheap.

Any really bad weather days i can use the shed.

then have 4 doors/seats for when it's needed.

Took the day off work to give my Zed it's final loving clean for some pics before i put A for sale add up. :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Celica 190 (02 plate) prior to the Zed.

I absolutely loved it for the first few years of ownership but the having to rev the nuts off it soon wore me down. Mine was totally standard spec apart from a set of OZ Record rims as the factory fitted were made of swiss cheese.

They are great cars for what they are, relatively cheap to run, fuel consumption averaged to high 20's IIRC even with my heavy right foot and with servicing every 12k.

The only real things to look out for are the "lift bolts" on earlier models had a design flaw which was rectified on the facelift (52 plate onwards and T-Sport badged) but i'd swap them out anyway as they are pennies to buy and check the oil regularly, mine when 8 years old and 70k miles used <1l every 6k miles.

The interiors are shall we say typical Japanese so dont expect much there; mine seemed solid enough however i have heard stories of the squeeks and rattles in others driving their owners nuts - probably the same crew who dont keep theirs standard ;)

other than that they are pretty solid but not cheap to make any power out of and like the Zed they dont come near the stated PS/BHP figures quoted.

They can be a lot of fun out in North Wales early on Sunday mornings :teeth: but you do need to rev them, they come alive above 6k revs.

However I do not have any experience over any of the other models you have stated.

I'd say dont write them off just yet, test drive one! Make sure it's warmed up so you can test "lift" as it's disabled when cold and needs temps up to work.

I know Jetset had a T-Sport too.