Anyone gone from a 276 to a 313?

Dynamic Turtle

Best person to comment is ebized as he has had all 3 350 engine variants and now the 370z

The later engines had more power obviously but some say the early cars had more torque. I drove around 5-6 zeds with different engines in wales last year. The difference was noticable between all the cars but oddly it had little to do with the engine. We put it down to the ecu adapting to the drivers style, those zeds that were pushed hard by their owners flew while those whose owners didnt push their cars were noticeably more sluggish. Not sure if this is a valid conclusion but it was certainly a trend.

Best person to comment is ebized as he has had all 3 350 engine variants and now the 370z

The later engines had more power obviously but some say the early cars had more torque. I drove around 5-6 zeds with different engines in wales last year. The difference was noticable between all the cars but oddly it had little to do with the engine. We put it down to the ecu adapting to the drivers style, those zeds that were pushed hard by their owners flew while those whose owners didnt push their cars were noticeably more sluggish. Not sure if this is a valid conclusion but it was certainly a trend.

I believe Ebized only had a 276 & a 296 then the 370z

I on the other hand went from 276 to 436 :teeth:

Both your Zeds go/went well Will :drive1

To be fair it`s not all about numbers, it`s how you drive the car & how well the map suits your driving style. If you love the revs get a 313 with the higher rev limit out the box & a bit more top end power, if your one to use the whole rev range stick with a 276 & get an UPREV. I`ve driven numerous of all 3 variants, modded & un modded including numerous 370`z modded & un modded. Unless they are boosted or running nitrous theres bugger all difference on the road.

Have a feeling I may have just opened a big can or worms

To be fair it`s not all about numbers, it`s how you drive the car & how well the map suits your driving style. If you love the revs get a 313 with the higher rev limit out the box & a bit more top end power, if your one to use the whole rev range stick with a 276 & get an UPREV. I`ve driven numerous of all 3 variants, modded & un modded including numerous 370`z modded & un modded. Unless they are boosted or running nitrous theres bugger all difference on the road.

Have a feeling I may have just opened a big can or worms

And that I believe, is precisely what I wanted to hear.

End of thread! :)

I was having a chat recently with other Zedders.

Put all 3 variants in a line, NA modded or not and you'll be lucky to see a car length between each car to 60mph.

BUT! Put a decent driver in a 276 and a noob in a 313 and you'll see a marginal difference.

Unless (as Darren has said) you go FI or NOS it's more about what YOU want the car to look and feel like.

If you want different interior them either choose the 313 or 276, and I wouldn't bother with the REVUP 296, I've got one and they're a nuisance to FI, especially on the second hand market. Actually saying that I guess the 313 can be a pest too. Stick with the 276 :thumbs: