Any good? (discs)

jonst205

OK, they'll not be up to DBA standards, but IME National discs are usually OEM standard. Just to check also that these are the Brembo type (324mm)? Seems a good price to me, but if people have had genuine bad experiences please let me know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-BRAKE-D ... 0704821007

I don't really want to go grooved/drilled/dimpled.

Cheers,

Jon

Can I ask why? I don't have any experience with technology behind brakes and such but I would assume they be much better then without, unless its just for cost? I will be replacing my disks and pads soon and was going to go that route.

Thanks

As Yupp said, unless you're going like for like, you'll see/feel much better braking from uprated discs :thumbs:

If cost is a factor, don't gamble by buying parts from eBay that might be up to Brembo quality - these thing can/will help save your life, or not as the case may be :shrug: . If you're looking to stay at OEM spec, ask a few of our traders for prices. I'd recommend you :pmzmanalex:

Edit: Just noticed, the listing is for 02-, so looks like it's for JDM (non Brembo) spec brakes :thumbs:

Nice one Gary :thumbs: thank you :)

OP: I can offer you Brembo fitment DBA T3 front rotors for £345.00 per pair.

I can also offer you Pagid (German) direct OEM replacement plain front rotors for £160.00 per pair and the rears are £120.00 per pair.

Front Genuine Brembo pads are £36.95 and £34.95 for the rears.

All in stock and good to go same/next day. :thumbs:

Drop me a PM if I can help you further :thumbs:

Alex :)

I'm not sure how steel discs can set on fire :oP But yes, oem pads would be the way forward. National are pretty well recognised brand.

I thought non-brembo's are 290-ish mm?

Main reason for going for blanks would be insurance, but secondly I personally prefer the durability of blanks.

Cheers,

Jon

I'm not sure how steel discs can set on fire :oP But yes, oem pads would be the way forward. National are pretty well recognised brand.

Think what he means is that some aftermarket discs will not have been throught the same research and development/quality control as the ones made by Brembo themselves and possibly even a different grade of material used which may lead to excessive heat.

I thought non-brembo's are 290-ish mm?

IIRC, non-Brembo's are different thickness/diameter to Brembo fitted models.

Main reason for going for blanks would be insurance, but secondly I personally prefer the durability of blanks.

You'll be surprised at how little (if any) difference of durability there is with some of the upgraded discs. Vik and i had DBA and Performance Friction discs with no sign of decreased lifespan :thumbs: .

Again, some insurance companies may not even charge for uprated brakes if you bought them cheaply( e.g. they cost cheaper than buying Brembo from Nissan) ;)

Really don't understand why you'd want to cheap out on brakes. I have DBA grooved disks and my insurance only went up by the admin fee of adding them to the policy, the braking on the other hand went up by rather a lot.

Oh and brakes can catch fire:

If you buy cheap disks that can't dissipate heat properly then even good quality pads will get cooked.

DB