Special wave?

Yupp

Do you guys have a special wave?

By special I mean if you've ever owned a landrover or vw camper you will know what I'm talking about.

Or is it just accustom to raise the hand?

Wave any way you want most people I wave do dont wave back :lol: obviously not forum members as they look at me like I've just slapped them. :lol:

Do you guys have a special wave?

By special I mean if you've ever owned a landrover or vw camper you will know what I'm talking about.

Or is it just accustom to raise the hand?

Wave any way you want most people I wave do dont wave back :lol: obviously not forum members as they look at me like I've just slapped them. :lol:

So true :lol:

I either get blank/confused looks or the look of someone pretending they haven't noticed the lunatic in the other lane waving at them for no reason because they're too cool.

DB

Yes, unless you mean like the Queen or Alan Carr?

So true :lol:

I either get blank/confused looks or the look of someone pretending they haven't noticed the lunatic in the other lane waving at them for no reason because they're too cool.

DB

Glad it's not just me - getting a gesture back is about 50/50 and not all of those gestures are delivered with quite the same intent as mine :lol:

I had no idea, so I looked it up on a Land Rover site :lol: Too complicated for me...and the etiquette is mind numbing...for goodness sakes :lol:

Whatever you take from this article, general consensus is you're probably not going to get a wave back from most new model Range Rover's, Sports, Freelander 2's e.t.c unless of course they happen to be a big Landy fan (it happens). Conserve your waves for every other Land Rover. I think it's safe to say we should include Discovery's (up to, but not including Mark 4) and Range Rover Classics. Be cautious of D3 drivers, way them up a little first. Is this been used as a Chelsea Tractor or part of the ever growing Disco 3 offroading scene. We Defender and Series drivers need to set the lead here, perhaps we can make the RR and Disco owners feel part of fold, after all these are proven vehicles and Solihull through and through.

If you see a council Land Rover (or YEDL, Water, Electricity Board e.t.c) you're probably not going to get a wave. Most of these drivers seem oblivious to the tradition and either don't see you, choose to ignore you or look completely confused as they rack their brains wondering if they know you. Don't exclude them though, because we know the National Grid driver of our 90 may have liked Land Rover's. You may well be able to gauge if you're getting a wave back or not, if you see them looking and hesitating, go for it! If you a series vehicle (I, II, IIA, III) then these should get a very enthusiastic, extra large wave. After all, these are the ancestors of the modern lines and people who run them are big Landy nuts. That's extra credit in our book. We're not going to go into wave types, this forum post covers these greatly, as well as another possible origin of the wave. Even if tongue in cheek it presents some very valid information.

Pete

I had no idea, so I looked it up on a Land Rover site :lol: Too complicated for me...and the etiquette is mind numbing...for goodness sakes :lol:

Whatever you take from this article, general consensus is you're probably not going to get a wave back from most new model Range Rover's, Sports, Freelander 2's e.t.c unless of course they happen to be a big Landy fan (it happens). Conserve your waves for every other Land Rover. I think it's safe to say we should include Discovery's (up to, but not including Mark 4) and Range Rover Classics. Be cautious of D3 drivers, way them up a little first. Is this been used as a Chelsea Tractor or part of the ever growing Disco 3 offroading scene. We Defender and Series drivers need to set the lead here, perhaps we can make the RR and Disco owners feel part of fold, after all these are proven vehicles and Solihull through and through.

If you see a council Land Rover (or YEDL, Water, Electricity Board e.t.c) you're probably not going to get a wave. Most of these drivers seem oblivious to the tradition and either don't see you, choose to ignore you or look completely confused as they rack their brains wondering if they know you. Don't exclude them though, because we know the National Grid driver of our 90 may have liked Land Rover's. You may well be able to gauge if you're getting a wave back or not, if you see them looking and hesitating, go for it! If you a series vehicle (I, II, IIA, III) then these should get a very enthusiastic, extra large wave. After all, these are the ancestors of the modern lines and people who run them are big Landy nuts. That's extra credit in our book. We're not going to go into wave types, this forum post covers these greatly, as well as another possible origin of the wave. Even if tongue in cheek it presents some very valid information.

Pete

:wave::yahoo::lol::lol::lol::stir: