Chips Away

Leenx

Anyone used them? Good/Bad?

Got shed loads of stone chips on bonnett and bumper and scuffed alloy. Those that have used, ball park figure on cost of repair? Does it make sense to repair or only bother when you come to sell on?

Cheers

Anyone used them? Good/Bad?

Got shed loads of stone chips on bonnett and bumper and scuffed alloy. Those that have used, ball park figure on cost of repair? Does it make sense to repair or only bother when you come to sell on?

Cheers

Used them for scuffed alloy.... Ver good repair. :thumbs:

I have the guy coming out on Thursday to quote for 2 alloy repairs.

I'm tempted to ask for a price to fix 2 million stone chips on the bonnet. If I do I'll let you know the price although I'm more likely to look at a full respray for the bonnet.

When they did my car, it was excellent job on the alloy wheel and small scratch. However, they can't do the small stone chips that we all suffer on the front bumper. He told me they were too small to get the paint to bond sufficiently and therefore won't gaurantee the work.

I used them they are good, but they are expensive, but you have to take into consideration that they come out to you which is where the majority of the charge is. I had them come out again to give me a quote, and found that my local garage who also do just as good a job charge me 150 pounds cheaper and I was without my car for 1 day. So if you have the patience, you could save yourself quite a bit. :thumbs:

Chipsaway are only as good as the person carrying out the work, which is why I asked my Nissan Dealer for someone they use and recommend… :)

If my dealer recommended someone at least I'd know who to avoid. :dry:

generally speaking chipsaway are fantastic, the guy down here is super! We had some bits of the vette done. If you don't like it then don't pay. we got told that in the past if people don't pay they can just wipe the paint right back off because it takes several hours to completely harden. once its fully dried and hardened it is obviously stuck fast!

we would highly recommend them

I got quoted from the same guy as douglas today at £60 per wheel.

My only gripe is he said it doesn't matter what kind of car the wheel is on.....

Then proceeds to tell me that if he was doing the wheel on my Clio it would be £40 and if on a Lambo it would be £80 :dry:

Douglas.... did your £60 include an AA discount ?

I got quoted from the same guy as douglas today at £60 per wheel.

My only gripe is he said it doesn't matter what kind of car the wheel is on.....

Then proceeds to tell me that if he was doing the wheel on my Clio it would be £40 and if on a Lambo it would be £80 :dry:

Douglas.... did your £60 include an AA discount ?

B*llocks - didn't know about that!

Obviously depends on the severity of the alloy that needs repairing but £60 seems a bit steep. I remember when I had my Megane 225 some guy who Renault recommended did one alloy for about £25 I'm sure and it was one of those weird colours (anthracite) The job they did was fantastic infact I'm gonna get a quote comparison between Chips Away and this guy. If anyone lives around the Bedfordshire area and wants a quote on a wheel give me a shout as I've still got the number! :thumbs: