valentino rossi

buzz62

Im really pleased! i think there is no shame in leaving Ducati, they could be struggling for years yet, every minute they are trying to catch up, Honda and Yamaha are improving and refining their already sh*t hot bikes. If he was 5 years younger then it would be worth a shot, but he only has maybe 3 seasons left before retirement. Vale should not retire as a loser.

People go on about Stoner having no trouble winning on the Ducati and i agree he is a skillful rider, but Rossi has that special something extra, although he needs the right 'feel' from the bike to be a podium contender, when he gets that feel he can do things that seem to defy the laws of physics and logic. Stoner will only ever be a very good rider...Rossi can be supernatural :notworthy:

Oooh, i think that was a rant, sorry :teeth:

Vale is a legend , i first watched him in 97 a win a donington , you could see it then and like you say its still in him

he just needs the right bike and hes almost unbeatable , i wouldn't bet against him winning the title in both the next two seasons

vale the g.o.a.t been watching him since the 90s a real sports hero of mine and think its only right he goes back to yamaha he turned there whole organisation around ..Moto GP next season will be like how Rossi used to be ..doesnt matter where he starts hes coming through the field

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd drop a note in here as a MOTOGP fan. I'd only found this off topic discussion group today :teeth:

Been a fan of Rossi's since the 90's and his 125 days. I wore his first AGV sun and moon helmet on my bike until he signed it at the day of champions. Good excuse to buy a new lid then. :lol:

It's a difficult one. I think Rossi has had his finest hour(s), and I'm not sure a championship wil be his before he retires. I'm certain he wwill win races again on the Yam though.

I'm gonna miss Casey next year, he has an undeniable talent on the bike and a unique 'ride it like you stole it' style. I'm also a fan of Lorenzo's, especially as he's nmatured since he 'stroppy era'.

It's a shame Cal isn't going to be on the factory Duke, as I think he'd of liked wrestling the beast in the same way Casey did.

Not gonna waffle on, as I appreciate this is a VR46 thread. Whatever happens, next year is gonna be an interesting one.

you maybe be right with vale but never underestimate the g.o.a.t im just hoping he can pull it out the bag like he used to..im glad stoner is going he is a douchebag, most miserable champion at anything (though can ride the wheels of the bike and always a shame when one of the big guns goes..means one less racer to fight at the front)

AGV sun and moon now theres a throw back :lol: think theres a 2012 version now

not sure young bradley will cope ok, not doing to great in moto2

I can see this turning into a MOTOGP thread :lol::thumbs:

I do like watching Casey Moaner ride, he is a bit of a misery guts off the bike though. I think he may be back in a year or 2. Hope so anyway. The grid needs riders like him, well his skill anyway.

Yeah, it was a loooong time ago! I remember walkning round the paddock looking for him all day, clutching his helmet (ooer), then my mate saw him chatting to a couple of girls in a hospitality tent. It was when he had his massive Simoncelli-esque hair do :lol: The sun/moon was his current helmet at the time - that's how long ago it was!

I do think Bradley is struggling a lot this year. Bet Hervé Poncharal is kicking himself a bit. Redding might have been a better choice going on this year's performance.

Although most of the factory rides have been filled and signed now, there are still a number of outstanding questions. The upcoming weeks will soon tell.

I thought when he went to ducati that it wasn't a good move, too many probs with the new bike for him to sort out, he was not the same bubbly vale you could see that in most of the interviews he did, will he be able to re-kindle the old spark when he was at yam before?

I hope so :)