Passenger door handle has broken loose! Help!

G.I Ginge

Hi all,

I've REALLY tried to find the answer to this question using the search engine and google, but haven't managed to get what I need, so started a topic.

My dad shut my 350 door too hard today and the handle came away from the car! Needless to say, I am distraught. The part I mean is the silvery bit that the passenger can hang on to, not the door handle, per say, just to be clear. I tried to put the thing back together, and whilst it has all slotted back into place, the handle doesn't feel solidly in place any more and comes loose again if I yank it hard.

I can't find a guide anywhere how to reassemble this part of the car, so I can't figure out what's wrong with my set up. Any ideas guys? I will owe a beer to anyone who can save me the need to go to the Nissan main stealer about this, but I can't live with knowing this is wrong with the car! :)

There is a guide floating around on the interweb on how to disassemble the door trims, have a look and you'll find it.

From what i remember from stripping down my doors, the silver insert does just clip into place, so that's not a problem, but if the handle now feels loose you may have damaged one of the two screws that hold the handle onto the door, or damaged the handle itself where the screws attach. Best to strip it down and have a look to see what's broke. Word of warning; there's no point in trying to do this unless you have a long skinny socket wrench set to get to said screws.

Best of luck

DB

I think that you may be referring to the grab handle on the passenger side door.

On stripping you will find that the retaining bolt has been wrenched from its fixing or the centre has came out the grab handle.

If it is the former, then it is just a case of reassmbly however I think that you may find that it will be the latter so a replacement grab handle will be required.

Preowned grab handles in stock if required and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Drop me a PM if I can help you further :thumbs:

Alex. :)