Paint flake while washing?

theheff

Washed the car yesterday as I was pressure washing it a few areas of paint flaked off the front bumper. See picture. I think this is where there were stone chips and the water got underneath it.

The bottom lip isn't the end of the world cause I've been thinking about wrapping that anyway, along with the roof and possibly rear spoiler.

The little bit by the badge is a bit of a pain though. With upcoming bills, mot insurance tax etc, plus brake discs and tires I cant afford to get it sorted right now.

I'm thinking a short term fix might be a sticker of some sort, to hide it and stop it getting any worse?

Any ideas for which sticker might look ok? Apart from spacers and lowering springs the outside is standard.

Cheers

b27458f2.jpg

That's what happens when you actually try and wash the car with the pressure washer instead of using a wash mit to clean it and using the washer to rinse. If you go too close with a pressure washer it will damage the paint.

Mixture of shouldn't use a pressure washer very close to paintwork, its not there to remove the dirt for you, you do that with a washing mitt. The reason that has done that is most probably down to it being resprayed at some point or another. Aftermarket respraying is never the quality of OEM.

Pressure washer is fine, as long as you're careful and don't go to close to paint, our paint is too anorexic. Having said this, this either using our 1600psi or 2000psi water blaster with a special wash heads we had made for each one which I've used on our cars, and many cars I've detailed. :thumbs:

Ive used the washer on it before and had no problems. Im pretty sure its cause the paint was already damaged in the ses areas. I eill know better for next time

Any ideas for a sticker to cover the top one with. Maybe a little jdm character or something??