Picked up the new Envy 350z Project Car

Gaz Walker

Well after missing out on another Zed earlier in the week I finally secured a car today. I went all the way down to Cardiff from Newcastle to collect her and have just got home after leaving at 5 O'clock this morning.

In the end I went for an 2003 Azure Blue Manual import with 40k on the clock. The car is the base model without the leather and the bose stereo which was a little disapointing but the car is going to be completly overhauled over the course of this year so in the long run it won't make a great deal of difference. I was offered a few other Zed's for less money but it was the colour that sold me on this one, its just gorgeous. Its was glimmering in the sun when I pulled up at the services and it just confirmed I had made the right choice.

I have driven 350's into the garage before but I have never really had the opportunity to take one out for an extended test drive. I must say having driven it for around 6 hours today I was very pleased with the car and it certainly lived up to my expectations. The car pulls well and certainly has a lot of low down grunt. The noise from the engine is also just heaven! I am looking forward to fitting an aftermarket exhaust to exagerate the roar. Been used to driving a 1000 bhp Supra as a daily driver I kind of missed the hit from the Turbo, but I am sure I can take care of that!

Will wash the car today and post some pic's up, in its unmolested state. Let the modifications begin!

Thanks

Kevin

Washed the car on Sunday morning then took it to a local Jap North East meet at the "stadium of light" in Sunderland where I took these pic's. It was the only Zed at the meet. :(

Its totally standard at the moment but it won't be like this for two long. :p

mycar1.jpg

mycar2.jpg

mycar3.jpg

mycar4.jpg

mycar5.jpg

Thanks

Kevin