Slipping clutch??

djrm

Hi everyone,

The last few weeks I have noticed a slight bit of slipping when changing into 5th and 6th gears in the Z.

Havnt noticed it in any other gear.

Does this mean my clutch is on its way out or is it gearbox related?

It only happens when you first release the clutch in those gears...

Thanks!

Ryan

Hi everyone,

The last few weeks I have noticed a slight bit of slipping when changing into 5th and 6th gears in the Z.

Havnt noticed it in any other gear.

Does this mean my clutch is on its way out or is it gearbox related?

It only happens when you first release the clutch in those gears...

Thanks!

Ryan

Ryan, if the clutch is slipping then it will not be gearbox related mate.

A new clutch kit will fix your issue and depending on the mileage a replacement flywheel should be considered as well.

Clutch and fly kits in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Drop me a PM if I can help you further :thumbs:

Alex :)

I got a new exedy clutch kit and flywheel from Alex, drop him a PM he will price it up for you

I am guessing but presume it slips in higher gears first as there is more power needed through the transmission in some way?

I got a new exedy clutch kit and flywheel from Alex, drop him a PM he will price it up for you

I am guessing but presume it slips in higher gears first as there is more power needed through the transmission in some way?

Yeah, it will always slip in the higher gears first as the torque across the clutch is much higher due to it being harder to turn the wheels in the longer gears. :thumbs: Think of your legs as the engine/clutch and your on your bike in 18th gear...its very hard to peddle but in 1st gear its very easy. ;)

Depending on your mileage and age of flywheel, you might get away with not replacing it, IF you don't let it slip too much more. However, its a lot of work to change the clutch and you wouldn't want to have to go through it all again a few months later for the flywheel.

If you don't use the car daily, you could order the clutch then inspect the flywheel while its apart and if needed order the flywheel then. I'm sure someone has them "Good to go same/next day delivery" :lol: