Dodgey rear wiper......grrrrrr

HEADPHONES

M.O.T next week so thought I'd change the wipers.

Popped into Tescos for parts, came home and started on the rear.

Neighbour was washing his car, finished and I was still struggling with replacing the damn thing.

EMBARRASING OR WHAT!

Never remembered struggling that hard before even taking into account Nissans lovely "only raise by 1 inch" rear wiper arm :wacko:

Opened the other 18" blade to give that a go.

Went on in 5 seconds......bleeding dodgy defective connector on the first one :rant:

There's 30 min of my life I won't get back :lol:

It makes sense that rear wipers aren't part of the MoT, otherwise there'd be no convertibles/roadsters on the roads.

Not necessarily; there are quite a few things in the new MOT rules that aren't compulsory to have on the car, but have to work if they are present. Headlight washers for example, a lot of new cars still don't have them, but if your car had them from the factory then they have to be present and working. Stupid I know, but them's the rules.

DB

It makes sense that rear wipers aren't part of the MoT, otherwise there'd be no convertibles/roadsters on the roads.

Not necessarily; there are quite a few things in the new MOT rules that aren't compulsory to have on the car, but have to work if they are present. Headlight washers for example, a lot of new cars still don't have them, but if your car had them from the factory then they have to be present and working. Stupid I know, but them's the rules.

DB

Aren't headlight washers only required if the car is fitted with HID's, which also means the car has to have auto leveling lights too. But most newer cars have HID's and therefore washers and auto leveling anyway. My washers weren't checked at the last MoT in April, except for the front windscreen ones, and that's in Northern Ireland with our purpose built state run MoT centres the size of warehouses, which have in the past during trials, actually failed brand new cars straight out of the factory :surrender: